NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Craftlander boat lift

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Craftlander boat lift
    Posted: April-15-2014 at 3:20pm
Since I feel that you are all my "spirit guides" when it comes to all things nautical, can anyone recommend a good boat lift for a 1989 SN with a possibility of going to a Air Nautique later? Can I use a 120" wide lift with docking guides? What is the minimum weight I should go to? I am looking at 4500lbs. How about the canopies? Anyone have the "tower canopy"?
Thanks
Tom
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 4:26pm
I don't know anything about lifts but I love that every one of your post includes a subtle "My wife doesn't know I'm still thinking about upgrading to an Air" flavor
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 5:01pm
Just as bad, she doesnt know I'm thinking about a lift!
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 5:30pm
Hey Tom, was at Eddies last month over spring break, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you then.

Regarding a lift, if you stick with a direct drive, a 4k lift should be fine. Up north Shorestation is the most common brand and makes a great product. Would definitely recommend going with a canopy, the vinyl needs to be replaced every 8-10yrs, lift cables may last a bit longer.
If there is a possibility your secret future boat will have a tower it will be important that the canopy is height adjustable. Canopy works tower up or tower down when adjusted correctly, tower down will get it up tighter and provide more shade.

seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Hey Tom, was at Eddies last month over spring break, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you then.

Regarding a lift, if you stick with a direct drive, a 4k lift should be fine. Up north Shorestation is the most common brand and makes a great product. Would definitely recommend going with a canopy, the vinyl needs to be replaced every 8-10yrs, lift cables may last a bit longer.
If there is a possibility your secret future boat will have a tower it will be important that the canopy is height adjustable. Canopy works tower up or tower down when adjusted correctly, tower down will get it up tighter and provide more shade.

Thanks Chris,
I will look for you next time! I am looking at the larger canopies that give the tower as much room as possible when it is folded down. When you were at Eddies, you might have seen my "dock to nowhere" that highlights the problems we have with our lake levels. I would prefer a nice stick built boathouse and dock, but I think the lift and canopy might be better in the long run for current and future secret boat.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
4th ski-doo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4th ski-doo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2014 at 1:06am
Harbor Mater makes a nice canopy that opens higher on the lake side but provides nice coverage on the sides. With the tower you can lift the boat solid to get people out then drop the tower and raise the boat the rest of the way. 4,000 is close, a 210 dry specs out at 3,800 plus fuel and some water in the well you're there. I'm of the book overkill is better but the higher the lift weight the cost rises too.

I ran real close on my Harbor Master and broke a part once before getting the bigger lift.
2013 SANTE 210
2011 Sport 200v
1994 Bimini Skier Pro 190
1987 Master Craft Power Slot
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2014 at 2:29am
Tom, if you think the lift will need to be moved at all look at how big the feet are and if they have a fair amount of rocker or bent ends, bigger feet will make them easier to move. Regarding the canopy what you want is a decent amount of side length which = shade, I set mine up so the boat would just be out of the water with the tower up and tight to the top, then with tower down it could crank way up and be well covered. Having a few extra feet in the length also makes a big difference for shade, + 4' to 6' of boat length is ideal.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2014 at 5:18pm
So guys, does it matter if I go with 108" 114" or 120" wide?
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2014 at 6:03pm
That could be brand dependent, you would want to confirm, if equipped with side rails, what is the actual distance between those. Ideally they would be at rub rail height while pulling on/off the lift, the newer the CC the wider that dimension. Would imagine the 120 would be best, that is what my SS is.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2014 at 7:35pm
Thanks Quinner.
I just confirmed with Craftlander on the 120 verses 108 thing. They recommended the 120 with the "mooring bunks" to guide the boat in. So I am getting the 4500lb 120" wide 64" lift with a 120" by 26' High Top "Tower" canopy. The High Top has.....well....a higher top and more vinyl, and the "Tower" option opens the frame on one end and has zippers. I also ordered the "Ski Bunk Risers" to lift the bunks enough to clear the tracking fins. Now, does $5700 sound too high?
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic