Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Patching a screw hole

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patching a screw hole
    Posted: April-13-2014 at 9:57pm
Any suggestions on patching a bow cover snap on a snob , i tried to put new studs in the deck and snapped one off in the hole. Tried to drill it out and made it worse now i have a little smaller than a dime size hole in the deck . You cant get to the underside of the hole, so how do you fill a hole where you cant put a base backing on the hole ? Very new to glass work so dont laugh if its an easy fix !
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2014 at 10:03pm
It may take a couple fills of gel (the first one may run down the hole} but get one of the gel coat repair kits. Matching the color is the trick. Go REAL light with the color tint until it looks close.

BTW, pilot hole size is the key for anything you screw into the deck!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2014 at 10:26pm
Yeah it made me sick i just kept making it worse ! What product would you use ? I dont have a west marine or type store near me so i would be ordering online and want to make sure i get the right stuff
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2014 at 10:32pm
gel patch kit

BTW, West Marine! They are the worst place to go to!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2014 at 10:36pm
How thick is area to be repaired.A piece of cork cut to same size pushed most of the way through will give you enough backing so gel won't pour right through.
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2014 at 10:39pm
Oh , well thank you very much for the info . I really appreciate it
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2014 at 10:42pm
Ah cork thats perfect . Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic