NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dash now restored

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dash now restored
    Posted: April-03-2014 at 2:43am
I have recently finished my dash restoration project. The Dash plate had been installed for a while, but I waited for warmer weather to tackle the additional ground wire setup to try and fix an issue where my stereo would cut out when the volume was up and to prevent my gauge needles from jumping around when the bass would hit.

I also had the steering wheel bezel powder coated to a nice gloss black and had Dean over at Classic Boat Works breathe new life into my speedos.

I think the result speaks for itself:

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 5:23am
Lookin' mighty nice indeed Sir!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 10:35am
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 10:36am
Nice Job!    To keep the Keys from scratching it up - you need those flexible magnets that you can cut--vinyl like -- and put under the keys

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 10:42am
Looks great
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 11:48am
Jealous !
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 11:56am
Very nice!
83Ski
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Nice Job!    To keep the Keys from scratching it up - you need those flexible magnets that you can cut--vinyl like -- and put under the keys

That's a good idea Marty. Anyone have any pics of this implemented?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Or you could just take everything off the key ring except the floaty and put them in the glove box where they belong.

Dash looks great- they couldnt do a custom one with "Tube Nautique" graphics?
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 1:02pm
Only thing that runs on my dash is a floaty. If I could get some type of plastic chain or something I would but mine is already worn out so it doesn't matter much at this point.

I am going to have to budged in one of those dash panels at some point.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 2:37pm
Great idea with the keys. I wish I could only have one key, but having them all in one location is far better for me...I'd lose them otherwise. Although, I could just get a small chain, chain everyone but the ignition together and put the rest inside the actual floaty...I like that idea!

And I tried to get Tube Nautique printed in it....but they said they would charge me "$15,000....just out of principal" to do it!   
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 5:24pm
I still have some CC and SN Key Floats left

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 7:48pm
My boat key never leaves the ignition.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by P71_CrownVic P71_CrownVic wrote:

I could just get a small chain, chain everyone but the ignition together and put the rest inside the actual floaty...I like that idea!

If don't mind the keys sinking, go for it.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 8:34pm
Your steering bezel is up-side-down.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Your steering bezel is up-side-down.

Is it? Bah...I knew I'd get it wrong. I debated for quite a while which way it should go...figures I would get it wrong. Are the two halves correct and the entire thing needs to flip?
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 12:57am
Marty,
Please PM me ! I'm very interested in the solid blue and the blue on white key floats!
They would look awesome in my new 1987 2001 Ski Nautique!
Thanks, John.
Old school goin back to school!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 1:19am
The blue on whites have the red on white on the flip side.

Halves look right. If you don't want to mess with flipping it over, just tell people (It came that way)
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2014 at 11:54am
Hello CrownVic,

Looks very nice, what all had to be done? A before picture would have been cool to see.

Skierox

4th ski-doo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4th ski-doo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2014 at 3:29pm
Looks awesome! You guys are inspiring me to look for a toy project!
2013 SANTE 210
2011 Sport 200v
1994 Bimini Skier Pro 190
1987 Master Craft Power Slot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2014 at 7:16am
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

Hello CrownVic,

Looks very nice, what all had to be done? A before picture would have been cool to see.

Skierox

Yes, I should have taken a before pic, but I have a few that will give you a good idea as to the condition. Plus I can snap a pic of the old dash plate to show the worn graphics.

I had to remove the drivers seat, remove all gauges, remove all indicator lights, remove all breakers, remove my depth finder, remove ignition...remove old dash plate, have speedos rebuilt, powder coat steering bezel, re-install everything and upgrade ground wiring while in the process.

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. Very much worth the $$$ spent on the dash plate and speedos.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2014 at 9:35am
Speedos look awesome. Nice job overall.
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2014 at 10:33pm
You bet it was worth every cent! for most, you immediately notice the outside of the boat/condition of the gel-coat. Next you look at the condition of the interior, after that, your eyes always catch the look of the dash. Shortly after that, I begin to look the condition of the carpet and trailer. what you have here is an all around, awesome looking boat.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2014 at 11:22pm

You bet it was worth every cent! for most, you immediately notice the outside of the boat/condition of the gel-coat. Next you look at the condition of the interior, after that, your eyes always catch the look of the dash. Shortly after that, I begin to look the condition of the carpet and trailer. what you have here is an all around, awesome looking boat.

And after looking at all that was mentioned you remember it's still an '86 and it still has wet foam is still going to need stringers.
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 10:27am
The dash look incredible
If you can't see the stringers, don't look.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 10:57am
Dash looks great! Always wanted to do that with my Silver Nautique but didn't have the resources.

- Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 6:52am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

And after looking at all that was mentioned you remember it's still an '86 and it still has wet foam is still going to need stringers.

Having weighed my boat prior to purchase, I can tell you that MY SN has very little water in the foam. And being that I make people towel off before getting into it, I have added virtually none.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that my boat has FAR less rot/saturation occurring than the typical 28 year old boat...and is in FAR better shape.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about the 955 hour original transmission failing.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 6:57am

Well, thank you (and everyone) for the kind words.

But I would probably stop the praise at the trailer. It's in decent enough shape....but it needs attention. Everything else though, pretty damn nice for a 28 year old boat.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic