NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1968 Mustang Resto-mod Jax, FL

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8910
Author
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 10:53am
My objection to resto-mod boats is that they are usually lacking the resto, and the mod is commonly nothing more than an ill conceived idea poorly executed .
Your Mustang is beautiful! It is a very well planned and executed high quality expression of your artistic vision. You have raised the bar and, in my opinion, changed the perception of resto-mod boats in the minds of many. I hope I get to see it in person someday.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2015 at 3:16pm
Thanks so much! That was the nicest thing anyone has said about my boat project. Unfortunately it's a dude magnet. Guys have to talk about it and know all the details. Girls mostly say Oh, I love the blue!

Had a great boat related day yesterday. Stopped in St Augustine at Sailors Exchange. The BEST boat salvage place ever! Found an original velvet drive service manual for $5.

Then I headed to St Augustine to get an extended ski pylon from Jpass. It's awesome!

dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2015 at 4:11pm
One more little finishing touch. Got the dash emblems finished up and installed.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2015 at 4:59pm
Very nice
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2015 at 9:15am
Originally posted by dangerwil dangerwil wrote:

Guys have to talk about it and know all the details. Girls mostly say Oh, I love the blue!

As is the natural order of things

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2015 at 4:06pm
I shared this story here once before but feel the need to do so again.
Several years ago I pulled into the Tiki Bar on our chain in my 1964 outboard and docked next to an old Mustang. I was admiring the Mustang when the 20something very fit owner came out and I asked him some questions. He told me he was selling the boat. When I asked him why he replied " because all it attracts is 50something men". He got me.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2015 at 4:11pm
John,
I don't see anything wrong with attracting 50 year olds as long as they are women!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2015 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John,
I don't see anything wrong with attracting 50 year olds as long as they are women!!!

I too like looking at the younger women who are not quite eligible for SS yet.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2015 at 4:45pm
me three
dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2015 at 6:49pm
Just got a pic of the last owner of the Mustang, Professor Moninger back in the day!

professor m by dangerwil_op, on Flickr[/IMG]
dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2016 at 2:25pm
After jumping through a few hoops, got this in the mail yesterday.

dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 12:27pm
Got the nameplate graphic installed.

bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 12:42pm
Looks t*ts!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 4:47pm
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8910
  Share Topic