NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Surge at WOT

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2014 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Vacuum Pump, I guess that would work, I just put the thing to my mouth and use the lungs, seriously you should be able to suck on it and pull in the rod, block it off with your tongue and it should stay in.   

Damn Joe, you really gotta be careful. HW could have a field day with this    

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2014 at 8:03pm

^^^ ^^^

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2014 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I just put the thing to my mouth should be able to suck on it and pull the rod, with your tongue and it should stay in. Then move onto body.

Damn find me a girl as good as Joe and I'll marry her.
I think CQ will be grabbing his tool box and heading to NY over this one
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 7:29pm
Alrighty guys, I was able to finally get to the carb today to check things out, and this is what I found when I took the diaghram off

[/IMG]

Its not that clear of a pic, but I would say that the port hole was at least 85% clogged up. It was like Holley glued in the cork o-ring and there was an excessive amount of glue that squeezed out, blocking the hole. So I took my pick and cleaned it out, sprayed it with carb cleaner and the carb itself, did the "suck test", which it passed. Here is what it looked like after I cleaned it up

[/IMG]

Now I just have to get her back on the water and see what happens, whenever that will be. Told the wife I just need to zip up and down the lake to check, so hopefully we'll be able to make it out sooner than later. I will be in touch with the results once I'm able to test here out. A big thanks to all you guys in guiding me in the right direction .

Mark
levin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic