NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2000 Sport Keypad help

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 12:34pm
Glad to hear you got the problem solved
Charkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2012 at 5:27am
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

First thought was the keypads dead due to it giving us trouble when it had gotten wet on the boats trip here. The green led lights light on code number pushes though leading me to believe that the keypad is still okay...

Ya keypad will be right and green lights are on
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2012 at 3:01am
My mechanic says it is almost never the key pad.Push the code and the stop button. Do the lights go out? Now. Push the code and the start button. Now push the start button again. Ths should start it. If one light is green then try jumping the starter solenoid. Whenever my mechanic says the keypad is bad 85% of the time a $35 solenoid fixed it. If you have never entered the code and pushed the ff key you have never really turned the boat off. If you haven't then just pushing and holding the start button should start the boat. Good luck
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2014 at 12:43pm
Hey guys, long time no talk.

Keypad finally died on Sporty. Confirmed keypad...pull it out of the dash and flex it in your hands and it'll work like new.

New one is on backorder from Nautique. That's probably not a good sign....

-Mike
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 6:12pm

We are looking at the first week in October on the keypads to arrive.

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 6:14pm
What a cluster. Remind me not to buy a keypad boat.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 6:18pm
Funny story HW...

The gentleman we bought that 95 from upgraded to a 2001 sport. Called me when I got home that day as he was going to take his sport out...wouldn't start. Just clicked under the dash.

Granted they had a crazy bad storm downed trees through cabins and ripped up roofs and lightning so maybe not all keypad fault but yea...still annoying!!!

Needless to say, he wanted his old boat back. Felt bad for him for sure....not bad enough however to return the boat.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 6:30pm
Oh, come on. 14 years and my keypads are still going fine. I'll take them over a bird's nest of crimped and daisy chained wires and spade connectors and aging breakers. Smartpod FTW!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Oh, come on. 14 years and my keypads are still going fine. I'll take them over a bird's nest of crimped and daisy chained wires and spade connectors and aging breakers. Smartpod FTW!

I could go either way. Giggity.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 6:34pm
And then one day the keypad is not fine and you have to wait weeks for a new one.

Lack luster execution on the old design I will give you, but highly reliable and easily repaired!
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 6:35pm
They work HW, just take them out of the dash squeeze them pinch them bend them around and put some rubber bands on them and zip ties then overly tighten the nuts on the back of them when you put them back in the dash and you're good to go. That's our process until the new one gets here, after ski season :) haha
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

What a cluster. Remind me not to buy a keypad boat.

+1and those bad gauges
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 11:33am
Keyless is a very nice feature particularly when some of your ski buds have butterfingers with keys aboard boats, lol.

I keep 2 separate codes using 2 sets of numbers that do not duplicate, if a specific number button goes bad I would still be able to code up the ignition. Of course this we be no help if the stop or start button craps out.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 11:47am
Or if someone leaves the radio on
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Or if someone leaves the radio on

Doh!   That was me, ha. Got in the boat to drive and the radio was so friggin loud (imagine that in Quinners boat) I couldn't hear the motor running, turned it down but not off then forgot about it,LOL. Always something when hopping from boat to boat.

You guys worried about a simple key pad, wait til my linc screen goes bad then you'll really have some ammo.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 4:03pm
Just an update on the keypads, will have them by the end of the month or sooner. Thanks for HW making some phone calls....
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 4:06pm

It's 47 degrees here in IA right now.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

It's 47 degrees here in IA right now.

Yes, but the water temp still has to be near 70. Get out there!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2014 at 3:24pm
Key pads are in !!!!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

I keep 2 separate codes using 2 sets of numbers that do not duplicate, if a specific number button goes bad I would still be able to code up the ignition. Of course this we be no help if the stop or start button craps out.

Any idea how to add a code? My "4" button is suspect and since we use it three times we should probably have a backup option.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 12:19pm
CCF.com knows the pads are in before Nautique notifies their dealers

Thanks Dave haha
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 12:24pm
Hey Chris, don't remember the exact sequence and your model could be different from mine. It's in the owners manual, add one as the primary and the other as a secondary, pretty basic stuff.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

CCF.com knows the pads are in before Nautique notifies their dealers

Thanks Dave haha

I guess you dealers need to get to know the right people Zach
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 12:30pm
That's what I'm saying ha.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 12:34pm
Got any old style PCM manifolds and risers available? I'm getting my car serviced and will call you when I get home
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2014 at 9:21pm
Who's that masked man....hehe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic