Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot nautique wake

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
laydowndatwater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot nautique wake
    Posted: February-20-2008 at 2:15am
new here and i would like some input from people who know some stuff about the barefoot nautique, i wanna know everything there is to know about them, i currently have a 1980 ski nautique, but im looking into something different. i want a boat with a good slalom wake and good foot wake, im going to get into wakeboarding this year and would like a boat that can handle that 2. whats the difference in the ski nautique 1980 and a 1980s model barefoot? i would like power difference and wake diffence.
                    input greatly appreciated thnx
Patrick
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 2:29am
Slalom wake D

Footing wake B

Trick wake B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 2:46am
what specific year and model is this barefoot
Patrick
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 3:22am
86 barefoot, nothing crazy
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 10:39am
Originally posted by laydowndatwater laydowndatwater wrote:

what specific year and model is this barefoot

The only time the hull changed was for '91 when the BFN became a v-drive. All direct drives ('79-90) used the same hull.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 11:54am
LDW

I've got an 85 Barefoot Nautique. And like Wood reported, the slalom wake is not good, unless your into jumping the wake on your slalom ski. There is no flat between the wakes, it's like two seperate peaks.
Barefooting behind the boat is like nothing else, the boat knocks down everything in it's path. And, like Wood's pic shows, there is no prop wash at the business end of the rope. The first time I footed behind a BFN, it was strange, I couldn't even see prop wash under my feet.
Wakeboarding and tricking is very good, although the ramp into the wake is steep.
I've never wakesurfed, but I figure the boat will work well for that also. I purchased a wakesurfer this past Sunday.
In regards to the power, it's got some balls.
And I have not heard a better sound from a boat than the back side of a BFN w/454.
Hope this helps. Sorry if I sound biased.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 12:32pm
What Tull said!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 6:34pm
Hey James!

I figured 87BFN would be chiming in by now. Hope everything is OK. I haven't seen anything from him in a while.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 9:19pm
how would yall compare the barefoot nautique ski wake to a 1980 ski nautique
Patrick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 9:36pm
also whats the best slalom boat for under 15000 and do the gt 40 motors have good power compared to the 351 or 454?
Patrick
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 11:23pm
Don't plan on running a BFN through a slalom course.

Good luck getting into a GT-40 for $15k. The 90+ Ski Nautiques have awesome slalom wakes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 11:40pm
i know now days they have great slalom boats out there i guess what i really want to know is can a intermediate skier cut across the wake with a barefoot at 35mph?
Patrick
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:01am
Lay

Yes, an intermediate skier can get through the barefoot wake. It's a very good all around boat, with a huge emphasis on barefooting. The hull has a sharp front deep V, but more than that is the deep V on the back of the boat, which cuts through chop and puts the prop wash deep.
The power difference of the stock 454 compared to the stock 351 is quite substantial. The low end power is huge.
Do you have an eye on anything specific? There are a couple of nice ones for sale on this site.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:13am
im looking for a barefoot in good to great condition, ive looked at these and the 8500 aint bad but it needs some work so if ne know where some good ones r besides here and barefoot central let me know thnx
Patrick
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:43am
Patrick

Good luck trying to find a rogue Barefoot Nautique. They are few and far between. It seems that guys who have them don't part with them easily.
I'm guessing anything under 10K is going to need some work.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:50am
Lay

This is my BFN in a race we did last year in Michigan. I'm driving because I had just tore my right biceps. There were (3) BFN's, (7) boats total. Because the water got so rough, the BFN's took 1st through 3rd.

Barefoot race start

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

TRDon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Don't plan on running a BFN through a slalom course.

Good luck getting into a GT-40 for $15k. The 90+ Ski Nautiques have awesome slalom wakes.
GT-40 for 15.9k
85 2001 351 240hp FS
93 sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

The power difference of the stock 454 compared to the stock 351 is quite substantial. The low end power is huge.

Steve, my experience has been the exact opposite, but that may be because the BFN has a lot more hull to push, or maybe I was dealing with a weak example. One would certainly think that 90hp and the big block's torque would give it an advantage, though.

Im curious, what speed are you able to hold with 2 footers in tow?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:48pm
TRDon,

Interesting find on that SN, butch job on the lettering? In the pic the hour meter is along the gunnel near the lanyard? That is not a factory location is it? Every CC I have owned the Hour Meter has been a separate round gauge on the dash or incorporated into the speedo or PP on the newer boats? If that is not original I would be suspect of the actual hours and I do not believe the GT-40 Comp stores that data.
TRDon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 4:25pm
I couldnt tell ya about the meter, but I have seen a couple in that same area, not sure if stock or not. That lettering is pretty messed up theough, but the price is certianly right
85 2001 351 240hp FS
93 sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 5:07pm
Tim

I know my engine is a little tired, but two footers behind my boat with four in the boat will run 40 no problem.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 9:42pm
Do you guys think the lettering is messed up or is it something with the picture? Even the registration looks messed up and so does the decal on the trailer
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2008 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by TRDon TRDon wrote:

[QUOTE=Hollywood] Don't plan on running a BFN through a slalom course.

95 SN GT-40 for $12.5K

Listed on Feb 19th
-Adam

1973 Skier
84bare12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84bare12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 2:19pm
the barefoot nautique is a great boat for every thing but slalom skiing, Great barefoot and wake board boat, plenty of room for pleasure boating as well. nothing like the 454 big block!!!
Mark 84bare12"
SUNAPEE CROW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUNAPEE CROW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 2:57am
I think I have found a third thing guys lie about. Their sex life(good or bad), their pay check(big or small) and how fast their boat, truck or car can "really" go. Four on board and two in tow without footware ... Gimme a break!!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:05am
Crow,

My Ecal 330hp SN has pulled 4 footers w/2 in boat, probably do one more footer just might slow down to 38.

I have also footed behind a BFN in which we did 5 footers w/2 in boat, we also did 6 footers that day, did slow down a bit with the 6th.

My boat will tow 2 footers all day long and I would guess we could have 4 in the boat no problem.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:19am
Ouch,
The newbie is bustin my chops.
Hi Rick, welcome to the site. If you scroll up a few posts and click on the link to "barefoot race", you'll see the start of a race we ran last year. We have four people in the boat, myself (215lbs), cameraman (160), and two more teammates (150, 200). I'm not wot, because my son, who's on the driver's side, likes to foot at about 38mph. The BFN to my left runs about 45mph w/two footers and three in the boat.
Have you ever footed behind a BFN? Don't do it, you'll want one.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:52am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Ouch,
The newbie is bustin my chops.
Hi Rick, welcome to the site. If you scroll up a few posts and click on the link to "barefoot race", you'll see the start of a race we ran last year. We have four people in the boat, myself (215lbs), cameraman (160), and two more teammates (150, 200). I'm not wot, because my son, who's on the driver's side, likes to foot at about 38mph. The BFN to my left runs about 45mph w/two footers and three in the boat.
Have you ever footed behind a BFN? Don't do it, you'll want one.

Steve

I certainly dont doubt that your BFN will hold 40+ with 2 footers, Steve. Mine held 45 with 2 guys (400+ lbs between us) and 3 or 4 in the boat last fall.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 11:50am
Tim

Thanks for the back-up.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 6:48pm
I think SUNAPEE is a MC spy!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic