NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Barefoot for Johnny!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Barefoot for Johnny!
    Posted: January-22-2008 at 1:55am
I talked to this guy today about this 1990 BFN, he said make him an offer, hes not real sure if he wants to get rid of it yet, he had plans to restore it,but I think he will, the motors runs but the boat can use some lovin as you can see in the pics, but it would be a great fixer upper!

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 1:59am
Damn that's beat!! Where's it at? That's the perfect boat...nice fixer upper.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:03am
That would look good next to the red 88 Ski, that's for sure. Filling those tower holes wouldn't be much extra work either!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:06am
It would be hard to tell this boat and your boat apart! lol
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:07am
I dont like towers much, but this one is not bad!
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:08am
Definitely needs some work, but could be worth it for the right price. Got any more info?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:11am
MM, we should meet up when Carolyn and I come back next month. If Johnny ain't interested in doing the work maybe I can convince the woman it matches her lipstick.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:11am
yeah.. you can give me a call 321-231 6041 if you want to more about it!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

MM, we should meet up when Carolyn and I come back next month. If Johnny ain't interested in doing the work maybe I can convince the woman it matches her lipstick.

or you can always buy her a red and black "thong"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:16am
Better make sure to get a rental with a hitch. If John and I go through a handle of Beam again we may wake up with a BFN in the drive.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:19am

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:21am
MM: Looks like HW and the lovely Carolyn will be back down here the weekend of Feb 22 thru 24. Last time here we all went out with Eddie and JoAnne. Will most likely do the same again so you and Lisa should come over here and go out with us.

BTW: Man that boat looks rough...how could someone do that to a perfectly good BFN? Gotta get it cheap Johnny.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:30am

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:31am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:44am
jbear..if they can come down one week before that, they could go to river with all of us!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 11:58am
Looks like a diamond in the rough to me. I'd get more info ASAP.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 3:54pm
The trailer looks to be ok... Something to check into.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 4:03pm
Hull looks good, not many scratches.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 4:29pm
TRBenj has probably already demo'ed this boat or knows the past 2 owners. Tim, how did it drive?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 4:59pm
I just thought I would check the pics out again. It's hard to even look at them, knowing someone abused a BFN like that. No CC deserves this kind of treatment. They wouldn't do that to one of their children would they?
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 7:32pm
so is it down in Florida? or where?

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

so is it down in Florida? or where?

Nate

I think its a pretty safe bet that its in MM's (and Correct Craft's) backyard near Orlando. I bet theres all sorts of diamonds in the rough down there waiting to be discovered.
Shredhead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 7:45pm
Looks more like an 89
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Shredhead Shredhead wrote:

Looks more like an 89

Nope, definitely a '90. The biggest giveaways are the white gauges and the thicker red stripe (with an accent color above).

Here's a '89 for reference. Notice how the stripe is barely thicker than the decals (which are the same as '90).

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 8:17pm
Also, the 2001 series Skis and Barefoots have a rope rubrail, different pylon and a maximum 2 gel colors (color is same on hull and above stripe). Sure that black on the '90 could have been white like the hull but an '89 couldn't be White-Red-Black.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 10:55pm
HW: The fresh handle of Beam awaits your arrival. This time Carolyn has to stay up all evening...no napping until 11:30pm and then getting up.
We can make some plans and go look at this ride if you want.
BTW: If you guys wanna come a week earlier like MM said...you can go to the St. Johns with me,Patti aand Eddie. But we aren't staying overnite and I think we'll just be riding...no serious footin like if we went to Eddie's lake.

BTW: Tim we knew you would have the info on this boat. You always got the scoop.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 2:57am
Picked up this 88 in MI this weekend. Add one more to the PLBC fleet!

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 3:20am
Spiderman,

Any more pics of my newest fleet member?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 7:54am
Way to go Johnny, I know that was a long time coming. Can't wait to see it.

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 11:22am
Congrats Johnny. I had one of my employees, who lives near that boat, heading that way to get some info. Looks like a keeper.
But I am somewhat insulted that a fellow CCFanner would be traveling to this area, without giving the heads up. There's always a cold one on tap in my bar to quench the thirst from a long haul.
And you don't have to worry about me or 87BFN, bird doggin the boat from you.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic