Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

old correct craft information

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
racerdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: old correct craft information
    Posted: October-13-2008 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by tryan tryan wrote:

your graymarine motor will have a date stamp in most of the castings. (if you ASSUME that the motor is original.) my starflite is supposed to be a '60, but the gray manual states that oil filters where optional in 57 and standard in '58-'59.i don't have one?

i would call the guys at secc.

i have a few shots of the 50's models from a late 70's magazine article, but i don't think you could differentiate a year to year change on your specific boat. i can send you a scan if you want.
Waterman
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2004 at 1:11pm
I would love to see all of these boats posted to the Diaries Section.Diaries Section.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2004 at 2:27am
I know its a haul but I took mine to the 2002 Reunion in San Diego. When they asked what category I said the what is it category. Walt Meloon walked by and I asked him. It took him all of 30 sec even though a formaer owner had carved up the deck to make it look like a 72 Mustang. If you csn't take the boat take some pictures and go to a reunion. There will be 500 fans there all willing to help.. Interestingly enough 10 minutes after Walt told me I had a 66 Barracuda a mint example pulled in.
ravinmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravinmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2004 at 1:03am
I have a 1955 Hurricane with 55 price list and sales brochure
The best boats of the century
boniles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boniles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2004 at 3:07pm
The people at gray marine told us the engine numbers show that it is a 1949 engine. The front view of our boat looks like the photo on page 53 of The Real Runabouts II , ie 1952 Dart runabout. Our boat has a spot to put a flag in the bow but not the stern. We just got a digital camera , if it warms up here today well take some photos (its currenntly -12 here in VT). The people at Whitelake marine in Graham NC know Ralph Meloon . Their going to show him some photos of the boat the next time they see him. thanxs Niles
Niles Prouty
SS-201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS-201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2004 at 8:12am
Call SECC 407 851 1965 ask for Art.
SS 201
curbsidegold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curbsidegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2004 at 1:48am
Yes, try correctcraft.com and ask for customer service. I went through the same process a few months ago, and given a general description of my '49 Junior Utilty, They were able to email me some pics from their files. The email came from a John Bolden jbolden@correctcraft.com
sm
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2004 at 11:34pm
Why don't you give Correct Craft a try (correctcraft.com), assuming you have a hull id number, they may be able to track down the year & model???

Worth a try.

Don
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2004 at 7:19pm
Sounds like you have an aqua deluxe,or a collegian-I can help you if you e-mail me some photo's-Regards!
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2004 at 11:26pm
your graymarine motor will have a date stamp in most of the castings. (if you ASSUME that the motor is original.) my starflite is supposed to be a '60, but the gray manual states that oil filters where optional in 57 and standard in '58-'59.i don't have one?

i would call the guys at secc.

i have a few shots of the 50's models from a late 70's magazine article, but i don't think you could differentiate a year to year change on your specific boat. i can send you a scan if you want.
boniles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boniles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2004 at 3:09pm
We own what we believe to be a 1949 to 1952 17 foot correct craft dual cock pit Dart deluxe , ply wood , with a gray marine phantom six 112 w/ daul carbs. Does any one have photos of any of these years so we can find out what   year our boat is ? Or info on someone that we can talk to that knows about old correct crafts. thanxs Niles
Niles Prouty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic