NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 283284285286287 442>
Author
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2014 at 4:02am
Fwiw I've seen that same pic listed in another area. Doubt it was NH bc that's not an area I would check but TX is possible .
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2014 at 10:19am
definitely a scam. I ran into a similar type of person when were boat shopping. Price was a third of what it should be. Person listed ad for item not in same state.

When I asked if I could send a friend to look at the boat, they kept replying back with the ebay nonsense. They refused to allow us to look at it prior to purchasing.

I'd contact craigslist and inform them of the scammer.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2014 at 12:56pm
cheap size Medium BI Iron suit

ebay
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2014 at 11:19am
1995 Sig

Paul, someone steal your boat?

340 Resorter
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Airfooter Airfooter wrote:

Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

1999 Super Sport

I sent an email, here's the reply:
The boat has absolutely no mechanical problems, no leaks, it is in perfect condition. I will sell it today for $9,000, shipping included. I am selling it because my husband died and I don't need it anymore. He was the one who used it...
The boat is currently with the shipper in Austin, TX, ready to be delivered. I want to use eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program. This way we are both protected by eBay as a third party.
Let me know if you want to buy it and I will explain you the deal and I will give you more pics.

Thank You!
Sarah Goldman

So it's listed in Manchester NH, but for sale in Austin, and even though listed on Craigslist she wants to use Ebay for payment. Fishy ...

I googled "Sarah Goldman Scam". Check out this link... And this one...

I got another reply, complete with a bunch of pictures:
-----------------------------------------------------
Hi again David,

Pics are attached.
Let me explain the transaction.
I want to use eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program because I'm affiliated to their program and also they are one of the best companies for online transactions.
They will act as a neutral third party.
You will have to pay a deposit of $3,000 to eBay and the rest when the shipping is started.
The shipping will be started in 24 hours after your deposit is confirmed by eBay. You will receive the boat in 2 or 3 days with all the papers signed and notarized.
From the moment it arrives at your address, you will have 5 days to test and inspect it.
If it doesn't match my description or if you find anything wrong with it, eBay will refund your money in 3 working days and I will be in charge of the return shipping fees.
eBay holds the money until you confirm that the boat is as described and I am sure that you are a genuine buyer and have the money to buy it.
This way we we are both protected.
If you want to buy it, I will need your email address, full name, shipping address and a phone number for the shipping.
I will create a private listing on eBay for the boat and you can buy it using the Buy it Now option.
All the details regarding the payment will be provided by eBay after you click Buy it Now.

Thank You!
Sarah Goldman

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course no mention of my request to let a friend I have in Austin go take a look. Sad how people like this don't get caught, I'll report the listing but that won't do much to stop the next one.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Bakchose Bakchose wrote:

Best to bring your swimming trunks and some sunscreen Did you ever happen to inquire about the Cuddy Nautique/Martinique listed in Alton??

I went to look at the '88 Martinique Cuddy this morning. Certainly all there, and I think mechanically sound and solid, but definitely neglected. Lots of cleanup needed, hinges re-attached, trailer bow stops are gone, tires look oversize so no fender clearance (springs aren't broken but may be sagging), a few stray wires showing in the dash, etc. Almost like one person took care of the drivetrain, kept it clean and maintained, another the rest of the boat and neglected it. I didn't check into stringers, but appeared to be a trailered boat that had been kept covered so would hold out hope that they were fine, bilge was dry and not much scum so appeared to not be wet for any length of time.

I knew the cuddy would be small, but it's even smaller than I imagined, really not useful beyond a bit of storage and kids playing, or just getting out of the weather for a bit.

I'd say a solid boat with potential after some TLC, but not worth $5,000, maybe $3,500.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by ncdoubleup ncdoubleup wrote:

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/boa/4721664577.html

Only posted 9 hours ago..

For the convenience of all, here's a proper link
Anyone looking at the boat better check the forward lifting ring area for damage. The idiot has the fly high connected to the lifting eye!!        

Don't forget to check the stringers!

Hey guys, I am looking for a cheap team boat. Does anyone know anything about this particular boat? I am going to call the guy, but other than possible cracks and checking the stringers, would the 81 SN make a good training boat?
Tom
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2014 at 3:59pm
WTF? Mastercraft

Sorry to inconvenience all:

https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/4735461468.html
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2014 at 6:28pm
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 12:20am
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2014 at 3:07pm
td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2014 at 10:41am
Southwind with rod holders - Link to CL ad
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 4:54pm
In case anyone was in need of a good laugh - or cry...?
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Silver15 Silver15 wrote:

In case anyone was in need of a good laugh - or cry...?

Same boat...

Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

$20k Ski Nautique 2001.... I mean Ski Nauti

Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

You HAVE to see this!!
Orlando Craigslist, "Ski Nautique 20' pro custom resto"
Sorry, someday I will figure out how to do a link, but, YOU GOTTA SEE IT!! Read the ad too!! Nearby, I can have JPASS go look if if you want??

Here's a proper link for Jerrywho won't take the time to figure out linking!    so, he relies on other peoples time!   

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Jerry, some of us already commented on the boat a page or two back.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 6:33pm
PLEASE REMOVE AND PUT ON THE DONZI FORUM!!!!
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 8:18pm
Looks like the price is coming down on that bad boy.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 8:55pm
73 National Tow Boat in Kalamazoo

link
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 8:58pm
Mostly original 79 in Annarbor

link
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 9:02pm
Another sub 4k boat.

76 Ski Nautique in Jackson, MI.

link
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 5:00pm
1967 Mustang

This is in the diaries from when it was for sale in Milton, NH. Looks like the new owner just wants his money back

Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 5:22pm
1959 Century

Not a CC, but, for $700.00 a treasure trove of parts for anyone restoring a Coronado. I might be able to give someone a lead on a cheap dumpster if they wanted to show up with cash and a chainsaw.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 4:07pm

1967 Mustang

This is in the diaries from when it was for sale in Milton, NH. Looks like the new owner just wants his money back

Has anyone looked at this boat in person?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Brian82683 Brian82683 wrote:

1967 Mustang

Has anyone looked at this boat in person?

Ha! I know that boat very well. It's actually the boat I learned to waterski behind.

The previous, previous owner (over 10 years ago) is my parents' neighbor. He owned it for oh, I'd have to say 20 years.

While under his care, it was boathouse kept. He actually had this hoist mechanism in the boathouse. It never left the lake, in the winter he'd just hoist it up inside the boathouse.

It was well kept... except for the bottom as you can see. He didn't hoist it up in the summer, I think it was a bit of a production the way he did it, it used a bottom strap instead of the lifting eyes.

Although, I bet a good deal of that scum might come off. The lake we're on has a lot of pollen/algae/mud. It leaves a good stain, but comes off pretty easily, well with some work. Probably let it soak for a while and go to work with some Starbrite Hull Cleaner.

The owner I know was getting wearisome of the maintenance, with only using it occasionally towards the end, and his kids had moved out of state and weren't able to visit often enough to warrant keeping it.

Was definitely a sweet sounding/running boat in it's prime. Sounded so awesome firing up in that boat house. Not sure what it's been up to for the last 10+ years though.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

It was well kept... except for the bottom as you can see. He didn't hoist it up in the summer, I think it was a bit of a production the way he did it, it used a bottom strap instead of the lifting eyes.

Brian,
Do you have any idea why he strapped the bull and didn't use the lifting eyes?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 6:40pm
Cuz it's easier, and I know what condition my straps are in compared to the back lift ring wood---

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 7:22pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Cuz it's easier, and I know what condition my straps are in compared to the back lift ring wood---

Gary,
You are correct that the condition of the lift ring wood is always a concern. We sure have seen some examples. However, I have used both straps and eyes and feel the straps are a pain especially in heavy weather. It's fighting the position of the straps that gets me. Then it's getting the aft strap hung up in the prop or rudder! To me, running the boat into the lift or boathouse and then making two quick connections is easier.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 8:13pm
I would like to have a Shore Station that lifts mine by the eyes. I will need to make new bunks to cradle the Mustang next year and a good bow stop so a guest captain doesn't lift it by the shaft or worse.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 8:28pm

Brian,
Do you have any idea why he strapped the bull and didn't use the lifting eyes?

That's a good question Pete. He might have thought it was less stress on the boat where it was hanging all winter? He might not have even know you could hand the boat but those eyes.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

I will need to make new bunks to cradle the Mustang next year so a guest captain doesn't lift it by the shaft or worse.

Impossible with these bunks:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 283284285286287 442>
  Share Topic