NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 281282283284285 442>
Author
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 3:45pm
all ski boats were used at Cypress Gardens or previously owned by a professional skier. What kind of ski show has all the skiers in the boat? Not much of a ski show, more like a boat riders show. I thought those outtrash Masterctafts were specifically badged Barefoot 200?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 3:49pm
The Prostar 200 was around before the Barefoot 200. I believe it used a Prostar hull (or at least one that was similar) whereas the bf200 had a vee or semi vee.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 4:00pm
And wouldn't it save been Sea World anyway? All skiers in 1 boat? I don't get it.

I thought Cypress Gardens had always used CCs.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 4:20pm
I think you have that backwards. When I went to CG's show it was Mastercrafts. Same as when I was a kid in California and went to the show at Marine World Africa USA. In the references section here, there is an 1985 2001 brochure showing Sea World using Nautiques.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

...All skiers in 1 boat? I don't get it.

Originally posted by a0128 a0128 wrote:

From the angle of the picture I am not sure how the tow rope (when attached to the pylon) will clear the top of the motor.

Well, they would actually do the pyramid inside the boat instead of behind it. Then, the skier... er...rider on top of the pyramid would hold the loop end of the tow rope so it would make it over the outboard.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

From the angle of the picture I am not sure how the tow rope (when attached to the pylon) will clear the top of the motor.

Well, they would actually do the pyramid inside the boat instead of behind it. Then, the skier... er...rider on top of the pyramid would hold the loop end of the tow rope so it would make it over the outboard.

Every show we used to pile all the skiers into the boat and parade past the crowd waving on the way to the setup spot.
Barefoot line was in one boat and opening pyramid was piled into the other three. Four boats completely loaded with people would leave the dock and the gunnels were literally a couple inches above the water.
You guys obviously haven't seen many ski shows???? I'm sure CG used to do it the same way back in the day.
Damn it, you guys are making me play the "back in the day" card.

To answer the other question, they did use MC's for years. They were never exclusively CC by any means. The only pics I ever saw were the Pro Stars like Tim mentioned but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they used a Barefoot 200 at some point either.
Lots of documented CG MC boats on that other website. You guys need to diversify a little every now an then.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 6:29pm

That explains it . . . LOL.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

all ski boats were used at Cypress Gardens or previously owned by a professional skier.

It's not just boats. Back In the early 80s when I was shopping my first suit a guy offered me one that "belonged to Ron Scarpa"
Halvey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 6:51pm

...And thus, the first "tower" on/in a boat was invented
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 6:57pm
I used to go on TeamTalk but I'd leave there feeling dumber every time so stopped going.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 8:38pm
our team a MC Barefoot 200 inboard - it was a happy happy happy day when that pig went away..Nothing beats quality like a low price!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 8:43pm
Every Barefoot 200 I've seen was an outboard. The predecessor was a Barefoot 190 inboard which was a dressed up Tristar, much like the v-drive BFN is an Excel. Most, if not all, were big blocks I would assume.

If this isn't what you had I'd really like to see it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 10:08pm
HW. You are correct sir
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 12:06pm

Every Barefoot 200 I've seen was an outboard. The predecessor was a Barefoot 190 inboard which was a dressed up Tristar, much like the v-drive BFN is an Excel. Most, if not all, were big blocks I would assume.

If this isn't what you had I'd really like to see it.

425hp to boot
Brian
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 12:36pm
Whats the deal on these boats: 2001 Infinity

I know it was a company that was started by Rob Shirley and it only lasted a year, but has anyone skied one? Got a buddy who is looking at it, I told him buy a correct craft but, will you know...

Looks like the engine is bacerds...

its got a nice trailer...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 1:39pm
Steve is that the one where they put a VDrive in the middle of the boat?
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 2:26pm
Chris, I thought that was the Toyota Epic
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 2:35pm
The description says v drive and in the motor picture it sure looks like one Steve
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 3:46pm
They did put a VD in the middle of the boat. It was supposed to be better.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 4:08pm
Steve, there's some talk on here about the v-drive infinity 3 event boats. Bruce is correct, v-drive center which means the running gear is further from the transom forward supposedly knocking down the slalom wake.
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 4:56pm
I've skied behind an Infinity a bunch. Its a workhorse. Very fast acceleration, great maneuverability, great wake. They were designed as a no compromise slalom boat. The interiors are utilitarian and I wouldn't say its the prettiest boat, but it you want a slalom boat of that vintage they are worth a look. My friend's is probably over 1000 hours of very low maintenance with great reliability.
They really tried to think outside the box on the design with the engine/ tranny design, fuel tank location, etc.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 5:03pm
Ok, so it is a mid engine V-drive as Quinner first suggested. Thanks dip for the ski report. VERY Interesting...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 5:39pm
^+1 on the Infinity. A friend of mine had one who raved about it
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2014 at 9:04pm
Some guy showed up at the marina here with one of those he said he traded two cadillacs for it...when he came back in he told me it was now for sale...I didn't know anyone who'd want it.
This is the life
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 9:49pm
http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/boa/4721664577.html

Only posted 9 hours ago..
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by ncdoubleup ncdoubleup wrote:

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/boa/4721664577.html

Only posted 9 hours ago..

For the convenience of all, here's a proper link
Anyone looking at the boat better check the forward lifting ring area for damage. The idiot has the fly high connected to the lifting eye!!        

Don't forget to check the stringers!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 10:07pm
I will be on Badin this coming weekend if anyone has an interest.

Pete no need to be so critical of people -
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 1:20am
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/4722300520.html

Fine unit
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 2:38am
Fixed link before Pete goes off the deep end.
Good to see your back Pete

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/4722300520.html   
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 3:50am
I bet that boat is a chic magnet!!!!!!!!! im sold get me Uships number!!
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 281282283284285 442>
  Share Topic