NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse Engineered 60s CC Seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Engineered 60s CC Seat
    Posted: October-28-2007 at 11:58am
I took apart what I believe to be a factory original early '60s CC front seat for reverse engineering. The complete zip file of photos (jpegs and Photoshop formats) with dimensions can be downloaded here:
Early CC Seat
It's no wonder not many of these have survived the times. The frame is 100% wood.

Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 12:36pm
Jim,just wondering if thats out of one of your Mustangs and if so what year?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 1:57pm
Gary,

It's out of an early Ski Nautique. I think the year is a 1963 but do not know for sure. I bought the boat for parts but so far all I have removed are the front seats. My bet is that all of the front seats on the early CCs were the same for all models. The PO said the factory told him it was a '63 because it has factory dock lights, which where rare but offered as an option in '63. It also has wooden splash guards along the sides.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 3:05pm
Cool lookin' old boat Jim...also glad to see ya on here. Hope all is good there for you.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Jim,just wondering if thats out of one of your Mustangs and if so what year?

I would say Jim is right- I bet CC used the same seats in several of their models. They sure look like the original seats in my family's '68 Mustang.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 7:56pm
OK Tim, Are you the one at the wheel?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 8:26pm
Thanks Jbear. I actualy do not care for the style of the hull - it's too boxy for me. I am having trouble parting this boat out - it's more complete than my '66. I am fighting with my conscience and I am considering just offering the complete boat (less the front seats) for sell and let someone else do the dirty work. The trailer is even in amazingly good shape. The chrome is is good shape also. If someone waived $1500 at me I'd probably take the loss and tell them to come take the boat and trailer away.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 8:28pm
Hey Gary. Is your observer's seat permanently mounted facing the rear or can you flop it around (the seat is what I am talking about here). I have no doubt that you can flop it around.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 8:47pm
Hey Jim,

Just wondering if you ever pulled the motor/transmission?

Also, we've had new members join the forum in the last couple of months. Somehow, they've pulled up your Chocolate Bayou story from two years ago. Even the newbies want to hear the end to the story BKH
Livin' the Dream

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

OK Tim, Are you the one at the wheel?

Yup, thats me.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 9:50pm
Jim,yes I can move it either way.I made up that seat using the original frame.My drivers seat is the original bucket,but the observer's seat, like yours even tho it was fiberglass, was too far gone to save.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 1:09am
BKH, I was thinking about finishing the story before all of the details disappear from memory - for some reason I am having trouble getting back to it (because I know what the end will be and it may be a shocker to some).

My work load really picked up this year and I have had very little time for anything else:( So, I towed the '68 to Kemah Marine right outside of Alvin and let them pull the engine and rebuild the trans. I would have liked to do it but I ran into a time problem. I am still in process of putting the little peices back together. I thought I was going to get it back in the water today but I discovered my dash panel connections have badly corroded during the down-time and I need to replace the switches and fuse holders. Maybe next week-end if our Indian Summer holds up down here. Thanks for asking Bill.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 7:36pm
Jim, Thanks for the reengineering. That'll help me out.

Let your conscience win and don't part that boat out. I've thought it looked way too nice to part out since you first posted it. If it is really a 63, it's too collectable.
Colint View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2017 at 5:33pm
Any chance anyone has this file for the wood bases? The link no longer works!!
Thanks
Colin
1966 Mustang
CCmustang68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCmustang68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 12:23am
Can someone attach these plans if they have them?
I would greatly appreciate it!
My seats are in need of some TLC and I would love to stay as period correct as I can.
Hopefully I hear from someone
GregD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2020 at 3:20pm
Did anyone get these plans? I am wanting to build a couple to replace my American Skier Bench seat with.   
1965 American Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic