Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

carb shot

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
watkins27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watkins27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carb shot
    Posted: July-21-2007 at 7:12pm
i think my carb is shot lot of pitting on bowl could buy a new bowl but i.m tired of messing with it does anyone have one that will work need a 450cfm
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2007 at 12:40am
Pitting on the inside? If so then yes it's time for a new carburetor. Check Summit Racing. They sell marine carbs of various sizes.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
watkins27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watkins27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2007 at 2:31am
thanks for the info
Jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 3:25am
Jeg's has the same the same listing for marine carbs and are about a bill cheaper.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Jason Jason wrote:

Jeg's has the same the same listing for marine carbs and are about a bill cheaper.

well your not comparing the same part numbers as they usually are exactly the same be it Jegs or summit.

My personel experince is to not buy marine parts from Jegs because they list the parts but do not stock them and you will be waiting quit a long time to recieve your parts if you ever do.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 3:41am
The Boat Doctor had one he was offering a short while ago(new one)...don't know if he sold it.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 3:43am
Just checked his post on it and it appears to have been sold.
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 3:47am
I may consider taking the old one off your hands if the price is right.It is a 450cfm?
If you wish , you can email me at:
lisaandgary@insightbb.com
stang

The Super Air

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 1:40pm
I got mine off ebay. Used for less than two hours just to get a boat from the slip to the ramp so it could be disposed of. Darn thing was just like new and I paid less than $200.

At the time, I though what an idiot for (the ebay seller) buying a marine carb just to get the boat to the salvage yard. I would have used an old anything for this purpose.

So, keep your eye on ebay as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic