NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braggin’ rights

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braggin’ rights
    Posted: July-16-2007 at 3:36pm
OK, so I'm just dyin' to find out. Who's boat has braggin' rights from the reunion? Somebody has the scoop on who's got the fastest ride on CCF.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 3:39pm
A couple of us already knew the answer to this a few weeks back. Even his dogs are fast!

From JR_VIC's prop testing thread.

Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Im laughing at that one myself, reid will smoke you all!!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 5:50pm
I think reid was willing to concede hole shot to the boatdr, but he could generally pull away on the top end. I had a good view of the runs from a couple hundred feet behind.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 10:33pm
what Doc finally ran Reid, missed that one.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 12:42am
It was sunday right after I saw you pulling out and I was pulling in, there has to be video somewhere... just as long as it doesnt make it back to the sheriff a few rules might have been bent..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 12:56am
well the one guy that might have been able to beat the blue flash didn't have his motor broke in yet so we'll have to wait till next year for that one won't we Joe?.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 2:40am
I went out and ran with them since i promised the boat doc a few months back that I would give him the chance to kick my ass if he showed up at green lake, but I ain't showing up to that fight again in a 19 foot b0at with fins, I still have that mustang of mine around here somewhere, if I want to compete thats what I will bring.

I did however have some success with the 83 tonight after changing the spring on the secondaries two steps lighter but thats a different thread.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 12:07pm
Reid's mustang is a sick ride!!!!

Would be hard to beat!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Reid's mustang is a sick ride!!!!

Would be hard to beat!!

You can say that again! Reid let me take it for a spin on Sun- its even scarier driving than it is in the back seat! Once that boat planes off no one else has a chance at keeping up.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 1:31am
Nobody remembers second place.Reid has the top speed holder,55 or 56 mph.
Boat dr was the hole shot king, but 53 mph won't keep Reid from running you down, did pull off one win out of four runs.
That Mustang be fast reid,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
   I ain't doing any more to mine , Karen says she's fast enough, and my wallet is flat...........boat dr
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 2:40am
Billy, I know that you and some others may find it hard to believe, but I guess I'm just a little bigger speedfreak (aka redneck) than you. Your engine in my boat would have taken it all. I've had 10 years to chase that thing for every little bit of speed possible, from grinding the hook out of the hull, to testing 100 diff props, and finally to placing a well-fed MaddMarxx in the back seat to really make her bounce. Your hole shot waxed me better than Hollywood's bikini line, so we'll call it even as I thought I'd own the take off and falter on the top end. Tim got me there too as it turned out. So after our last conversation that afternoon regarding your potential, if my baby blue comes back next year she'll watch the drag action from the sandbar. Joe, JrVic, and Tim, and whoever else,......the stage is yours.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 3:18am
damn how did I miss all this?

So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 3:20am
hangover?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 12:00pm
Reid, Karen and I had so much fun meeting all the "guys & girls " that getting beat did not matter.I do know that the old girl ain't no slouch, and can hold her own .
What a time that was had by all,wish i could have had a video cam. for the drags tho.Don't know who had more fun Karen or Me??????????????
              boat dr
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 12:07pm
Doc,

Glad you and Karen had such a great time and you know it was "allyaalls" being there that made it so much fun for the rest of us!! Good to see you made it home safe and we all look forward to seeing you and Karen back again next year!!

CQ
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 12:39pm
quinner, soooo glad to meet the famous barefoot guy, you impressed us both.The shot of you on the back of the boat with the wash off hose was too cool.
As we say down here "A large time was had by all". Thanx for being a part of an unforgettable vacation .We shot 565 pics and will start posting soon.........
Steve & Pam words do not work to describe the comrardery that we felt.And a special thanx to MoJo,Keith & Allen for all the hard work that went into pulling this thing off.
Would like to see it moved to a lake where the water is not soooo Cooold......boat dr
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 3:38pm
Forget the bragging rights for boat engines- wasn't there some trash talk about east coast vs. midwest drinking as well a while back? Who came out on top there?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 5:14pm
Joe whats a hangover?

I think me a Joe represented the East coast drinking team well.
So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 5:19pm
Don't know about anyone else but Tim sure held his own (in more way's than one), Thursday night we kind of wore him down however, he was wobbling and kept loosing his beer while we were turning all Reid's trailers around backwards down at the launch at 2:30am, lucky thing Five-0 gave us a lift back to the camp site that night!!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 5:49pm
With the Midwest having a captain like quinner and wingmen like Brownie and HW, it's hard to imagine anyone beating them. But the East discovered the ShotSki and got that party rolling, and with an bar icon like Marshall, we did some serious damage, plus JoeNY, TimB, Nick, MM,...well those are some pretty big boys also.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 5:53pm
Let's not forget 79, Moj, and if you were to watch Stang pretty much always has a beer in hand as well. I was drinking double Beam and Cokes ("jbear specials") and still couldn't taste the Beam on Saturday night. Ramped it up to a triple, all while keeping the price a at a low, low $5. I don't know how late you guys rocked the campground, but I know we closed down the Goose Blind Friday and Saturday.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

But the East discovered the ShotSki

Hey, for the record we gave that thing a workout last year as well! I still owe HW a round for that.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 5:55pm
As far as I'm concerned Tim can hang with us PLBC guys when it comes to drinking. Him and I were at the Goose Blind till last call Friday night, up at 5am for barefooting, grabbed some quick breakfast, then right out to drinking at the sandbar, back to the Goose Blind and still around for last call Saturday night. My one critique is that I didn't see him doing any beer bongs, but that's still one hell of a bender.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 6:02pm
Is North Carolina East??

I thought it was just South, WAY South!!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 12:15am
OK, I give up trying to defend the drinking team. So here are some shots taken during the Green Lake 2007 Summer Nationals.

I'll be surprised if next year doesn't bring out a few more competitors.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 2:31am
i'm selling mine this week-end and starting over
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 12:35pm
Add Brians 72 318 fuel inj. SN to the list...that one is a rocket too!

Hollywood...12 oz in one hand seems to be a balance thing...without it ,I would walk with a list

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Having beaten you as bad as I did, thats understandable
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Having beaten you as bad as I did, thats understandable

OH! SNAP!
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 2:18pm
Tim, that was a little salt in the cut ....
There were some strong boats in the hunt this year, hope there is more competition next year.
With all the big iron out there ,I would have thought it would have less talk and more walk,But the pics tell the real story.
TALK IS CHEAP / SPEED AIN'T

boat dr
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic