Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clamp on Pylon extension

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clamp on Pylon extension
    Posted: May-15-2007 at 8:21am
Does anyone know if a clamp on pylon extension will work without removing the barefoot boom clamp?... and is it as stable as the slide on type extensions? Thanks d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 8:52am
Yes it will. At least the one that I have. It's from Tachyon Motorsports. You can use it as a boom extension or as a seperate extended pylon support while your boom clamp stays where it is. Just depends how much room you have for your engine cover to raise and lower without obstruction from either clamp. Very strong unit too but kinda pricey. It'll run you a little over a $100. Check out tachyonmotorsports.com.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 9:01am
Had a Flight Pipe on my 80', it was clamp on syle and was very stable. With the early versions of the Flight pipe the clamps were not quite long enough to allow the pole to clear the finger enough to get a rope on when mounted at 12:00 O'Clock therefore the pipe had to be mounted slightly off center R or L, not really a big deal. Never tried mine with a boom so not sure if the boom clamp will fit at the same time.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 9:09am
Duffnit, forgot tell you that the unit that I described allows the use of a standard slip-over type extended pylon. Not sure if that's what you are referring to or not. Quinners reply is a completely seperate clamp-on extended pylon that is no longer manufactured and available only on the used market. I think that Skylon still offers a clamp-on type extended pylon too.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 9:24am
Eddie,

Good point on the Flight Pipe not being mfr'd, perhaps I misunderstood the question on what he was looking for? The Flight pipes are great for the old ring/finger style pylon and they do pop up 4 sale used from time to time, I do believe you can still use the boom clamp with the pipe however I am not positive.
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 11:07am
I think I saw FlightPipes for sale in the latest issue of Barts Watersports mag? I may be wrong tho!
mars
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 11:33am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Eddie,

Good point on the Flight Pipe not being mfr'd, perhaps I misunderstood the question on what he was looking for? The Flight pipes are great for the old ring/finger style pylon and they do pop up 4 sale used from time to time, I do believe you can still use the boom clamp with the pipe however I am not positive.

Quinner, that's that "other" flight pipe you and Hollywood were trying to figure out late night up in Green last year. By the look of ya in the Morning, I think you boys figured it out hahahahaha...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 12:01pm
Thanks Backfoot. Very cool add on.

Quinner you understood. I have an 89 so it's post ring n finger.
I was looking at a used clamp on style pylon extension instead of the slide on type trying to decide if it would work without removing the boom clamp. With Backfoot's hardware, looks like it doesn't matter and seems to give more versatility.

Thnks for the insight. d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
tachyon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tachyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2008 at 12:17am
Glad to hear you like the mount from Tachyon!
I still have a few left if anyone is interested. Check my e-bay auction.

Thanks!

Rick
Manufacturer of the Super Deluxe Boom Mount!

www.tachyonmotorsports.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic