NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the other web site

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the other web site
    Posted: March-20-2007 at 6:17am
I just visited planetnautique and was wondering if anyone could give me a brief rundown on our site and theirs. I said "our" site because even though relativly new, I feel at home here and certainly don't get that feeling at planetnautique. Is it a Correct Craft factory (corp.) site? Couldn't really tell looking at the details. Looks like 2 people have built it but with all the CC news releases it looks corporate.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 7:13am
Pete,

I do not believe it is owned by CC however CC does link it from thier site, one of the administrators, Jeff Carroll, appears to have a solid relationship with CC but I do not believe he is employed there.

IMO PN has a stronger following of Wakeboarders and younger guy's, it also appears that the average active member sports a newer boat. It is a good site just different than CCF. I think one thing CCF does better is getting members together, there also appears to be more members here with great mechanical knowledge, you don't see many or any posts like SkiBums rebuilding a boat or Alan's & JBears tweaking or rebuilding the motor instead you will see guys adding or upgrading ballast systems, LED lighting, pimpin stereos and things of that nature.

One thing I have been curious about here with our members, what is the average model year of the active members boats, in my case having a relatively new boat I would say I am the minority, I also often wonder what everyones primary use is, in my case about 95% for skiing.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 8:38am
Planet nautique is a great site if you have a newer boat. I like to get on there and admire all of the new boats. There are some real craftsman on there as well they just choose to do stereos, carbon fiber, ballast systems, and bling.

I think Correct Craft builds a great boat but on Planet Nautique if you even mention that another company is competitive you instantly become the antichrist.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 9:31am
I have been a lurker on both for several years and have found that they both offer something different. Like what was said above PN definately has a newer boat crowd. They have a lot of modifications for newer boats too. CCF has an older boat following that PN really does not attract. I really appreciate both becuase I am in the middle with my 82 2001. It has been modernized to a certain degree, however, if I have any engine or serious repair questions I come here. I dont think many over there would even know what a commander is? For all out usefull info this site wins hands down in my book. But if bling is what you are after......PN is the fix....

Brad
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 10:17am
Ok guys, This is going to really date me but what is "bling" ?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 10:31am

^^^This is Bling particularly because of the hat!^^^

Seriously, just a loose term for Flash, customizing, chroming, anything along those lines that might make the boat stand out from all others just like it.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 10:56am
i have been a member of both for some time now and this site is hands down better imo..for numerous reasons..have met people on here that are more personal, more open, and remind me of family..the reaching out from others is not found on pn..any problem i have ever had or a question has gotten multiple answears, pn a few if any..they guys on here are "regulars" and you can develop a rapport with them, pn- good luck..it is a fun site to see and dream of things i can never afford...having a older boat a 1994 i feel i "blend" in here!
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 11:23am
HAHA Quinner, niice "photoshoping" you sure are quite handy with that....looks so realistic!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 4:25pm
Yeah...they dont have the PINK PIMP on that other site!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic