Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One man rig to flip your boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One man rig to flip your boat
    Posted: December-16-2006 at 2:22pm
Here are some pics of the rig I used to turn my mustang over so I could work on the hull.I am uploading these again because they were lost during the server switch?

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2006 at 4:32pm
Very clever. I think we used about 10 guys to do it. BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2006 at 5:03pm
Very nice, but my wife nor the home oweners a$$ociation would smile at me.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2006 at 6:00pm
Simply awesome, But what's the sledge hammer for?
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2006 at 7:06pm
Alan, even the best ideas need a little fine tuning. Farmer
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2006 at 7:44pm
ingenious

I would pa$$ on a project of that magnitude, just because I wouldn't have had the where-with-all to come up with a rig like that. Kudos to you.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2006 at 7:54pm
75 Tique, you're giving me way too much credit.I got the idea from a book by Don Danenberg called How to Restore Your Wooden Runabout.He uses a much more sophisticated setup so I had to change things to use what I had or could borrow.Now comes the fun. Farmer
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2006 at 10:27pm
Very cool , I have read Don Danenbergs book . He does have some great stuff in there. Looks like you are gearing up for lots o fun !!!!
keep the pics coming !!
Mike
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 9:26am
have you ever heard of OSHA
eric
jk nice set up
"the things you own will start to own you"
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 9:40am
Yeah, I had my envelope ready but nobody showed up to collect it. Farmer
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 9:54am
Farmer can you spell REDNECK,this means you could join our unique club.we use the the parts and pieces that we have in the back yard to do said job. My hat off to you.
Eric ,you should give this guy a major discount on any work or tech. help required on this rebuild, he is one of us.....................boat dr
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 10:13am
Gary, send the envelope to me, I'll make sure they get it,
Anyone on this site gets the house discount, unless your from NJ.
or if you need the parts I'll at least save you half of what you would normally pay and you know I would walk you thru the rebuild.
   I was kidding about the NJ thing,
    Eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 11:14am
Thanks for the compliments,but lets see if I can get one of these boats in the water before I'm too old to enjoy them.
             Farmer from Ct.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 10:53am
Where in CT are you Farmer?
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2006 at 5:42pm
Mark,you aren't from zoning enforcement are you? Anyway,I'm in Oxford and we hang out on the Housatonic below Stevenson Dam. I do go to Lake Zoar once in a while out of Jacksons Cove.   Farmer
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 11:05am
Nah, I'm in Southbury. We go out of the exit 14 ramp. I live 5 mins from there.

We hang out at the sandbar sometimes. Maybe we'll meet up sometime.
1978 Nautique

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 6:58pm
Mark, I found the sandbar with our ba$$boat while I was trying out my new fish finder. I thought something was wrong with it until I looked over the side.Thankfully we were just idleing along or it might have gotten ugly. Farmer
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 9:55am
I've been going to Zoar since I was 10 and I always was surprised that that sandbar was never marked. If you're new to the lake and no one is parked/standing on it, you'd never know it was there.
1978 Nautique

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2008 at 12:25am

Re-posted some pics
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic