NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velvet Drive 1:1 Trans sale/trade

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1987SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velvet Drive 1:1 Trans sale/trade
    Posted: October-29-2006 at 6:03pm

Removed from 1987 Ski Nautique w/850 hrs. The driveshaft was spinning in nuetral. I ordered about every new component SKIDIM offered. While I was overseas my father-in-law rebuilt it with those parts. It runs for a while, then when shifting into neutral it blows out the rear seal causing transmission fluid to pour out. I am sure it is a simple problem that somebody with a little skill could correct. I lack those skills so I used my life savings to buy a new transmission. I will sell it for $200.00 plus shipping to your address. Or trade it for a trick ski and I'll pay to ship it to you. If you are interested click the link below:

contact me
1987 Ski Nautique
doug e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 7:30am
Have you checked your cooler, sounds like it's overheating.
Cheap thrill fishing team
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 8:22pm
Been running the new tranny for two seasons without a problem. Didn't have a problem with the old tranny popping the seal loose until it was rebuilt. I think something just didn't get put together right. I don't want to use it as a paper weight. Maybe somebody out there needs it for some reason.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 8:30pm
Not a bad deal for someone looking for a late style trans, probably have a bad breather on top, its designed to pop at 10psi if not working it has a tendency to pop the rear seal and also he may not have glued the seal in. probably burnt the forward pack with the fluid loss, $350.00 plus another $50.00 or so, not bad at all.
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 8:34pm
the 50.00 by the way, is for parts
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 4:44pm
I might be interested.

Eric-

Still have the junker with the engine and trans at your shop?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 8:35pm
behindpropeller,

somebody emailed me asking about the tranny but I haven't heard back from them. I still have it. I am asking $200.00 plus shipping. I guess that is reasonable.

Bill

contact me
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 10:47am
bhp, sure do, I almost hooked it up and was going to take it to his house yesterday, he's a pretty good friend of mine and the reason it ended up in his boat is my brother and his son put it in there while i was on vacation and they in no way no anything about boats at the time (and still dont) but the boat is rotted to a point where the drive wiil blow through the transmom under power and i refuse to finish it. I initually bought the motor to make another test stand, but after getting it to my shop and finding a very simple problem, i decided to save it for a re-power.... and they did in which i didnt mind cause we got paid but the problem was the integrity of the hull
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 10:50am
bhp, can send you what you need for around 50.00 bucks, I would jump all over this if it was spring. that 50.00 includes all the things you need to make it bulletproof
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 10:51am
hold on bk i didnt see that he would even pay the shipping lol   you better snag it
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 10:56pm
Asking $200.00 plus shipping. I will trade it for a trick ski. You ship the ski and I'll ship the tranny.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2006 at 10:15am
Bill, like i said give it a week and if nobody takes it, I'll take it, my shop number is 877-369-6693 I want somebody else who needs it to get first dibbs on it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic