Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Khawk88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khawk88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72
    Posted: June-07-2021 at 11:19pm
I have a mint 72-73 natique can't figure out how to post pictures? Currently not for sale but could use your input.   I feel like this one may be rare, obviously not the first time you've heard rare. Original paperwork 351w rebuilt by just engines and aircraft in Colorado in '91. Have all documents would like to find the history on this craft. Thanks! Boat is currently in MN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2021 at 5:18am

Kyler,
At the top of the "quick reply" you'll see a arrow icon on the right. Clicking on it will give you the "full reply" options.

Yes, we'd love to see the boat so give the pictures a try. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2021 at 6:39am
Kyler

Pete's instructions above aren't very explicit to say the least

Just to put it in nautical terms to keep Pete happy, posting pictures here is a pain in the stern or maybe that would be a pain in the aft Wink

Here's a link to a thread that has some info

It may or may not help you depending on what you're trying to post them from.

Maybe somebody will volunteer to post a few pictures if you e mail the pictures to him

Try e mailing them to this guy, ...................keno439@gmail.com. I think he'll post a few for you Wink 

Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2021 at 7:03am
I transfer my pics to Imgur.com then copy and paste to the forum .
Khawk88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khawk88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2021 at 10:17pm
More than one person volunteered to post the pics for me, pretty cool of you guys to help me out! I just emailed the pics out so when they post let's see if you guys like the boat, and get some opinions and where you think it's been. It was licensed in Colorado in 2012. I live about 20 minutes from Brained MN. Maybe it has history maybe not but it's cool.

Thanks all!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 8:37am

Kyler's 73' Promo.....
Hope you have the pylon !!!
Welcome to the site... You'll find all the information you need here. 
Happy boating...
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 8:52am
Nice!  Thumbs Up

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 10:01am
Nice boat. This is a boat on my list for someday. I love the red and blue graphics on these Nautiques.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 11:41am
Welcome. Very nice looking. Great colors
Mojo said maybe a promo, could be rare
Glad your boat is here and you found us
Khawk88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khawk88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 12:11pm
Thanks! It's fun and healthy, I do have the pylon but the guy I bought it from cut the ring off the top! I'm hoping to maybe have it drilled and tapped and put a threaded ball on the top...not sure what the original design was of the pylon. I don't really want to ski from the back ring, but will admit I have done it. Glad to be on the forum thanks guys
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 6:36pm
Yours probably came with ring and finger
That would look best
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 6:42pm
Looks like a Promo to me. White dash, stainless windshield, correct interior... Only thing funky is the platform and brackets, but what the hell...... Use it !!!!
Kyler, does the boat have a 3rd tach on the motorbox?
Yes, you need to find a ring and finger that is correct and get it back on the pylon (which should be the extra high one). You definitely want to ski from that....

Happy boating....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Only thing funky is the platform and brackets, but what the hell....
Kyler, does the boat have a 3rd tach on the motorbox?...

Dave,
I'd say no on the 3rd speedo. No 3rd pulsation dampener on the transon.

BTW, thanks for posting the pictures. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Khawk88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khawk88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2021 at 9:26pm
No third speedo. Trying to keep it as original as possible I added the tach in-between the two speedos, was able to cleaning do so without boring any holes. Might send the gauges out to get rebuilt one speedo kind of works, one has a broken pitot tube. The plumbing to them seems sound otherwise but easy enough to replace. Original tach also doesn't function. It's my first inboard and I want to do everything I can to keep it "period correct". So far it's been a learning curve but I've had a blast
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 6:12am
You absolutely need to reinstall the pylon and refrain from skiing from the rear "Toe Eye". That is a lifting ring and was designed for vertical loads only. ie lifting the boat in the boat house. The ring isn't reinforced for horizontal loads and you risk damaging the gelcoat surrounding it.  Damn shame the previous owner cut the ring a finger off. Cry It's a beautiful boat and yes the RWB color scheme is really cool. There are a few of them out there but not many. Welcome to CCFan and thanks for keeping this one OEM. Cool
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Khawk88 Khawk88 wrote:

I want to do everything I can to keep it "period correct".

I sure like this idea! Big smile 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 7:10am
I thought I felt the earth shakin and movin under my feet at about 6:23 EST this morning.

I think it was just Pete swaying from his signature line of "Keep it original, Pete"

Time to make it say........."Keep it period correct, Pete" Wink
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 9:33am
Hope is ok to ask how much paid OR value guess
That will look great on water
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 9:45am
Pete, all of the promo's I've ever seen had the 3rd speedo. This one must have been ordered without it.
Guess he's going to have to rip off the platform then huh WinkWink
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 9:47am
Dave,
I don't think it's an actual "promo" but rather a standard SN. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Khawk88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khawk88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 10:02am
Yeah it looks real nice on the water, it's dirty right now from being in the lake last weekend I'll see if I can send out a couple of pics on the water. The guy was asking 3 grand for it, and that's what I gave him.   Seemed legit , but I have no idea what they sell for either, but without knowing anything I felt like I got a good deal.
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 10:05am
My first Nautique was a twin to this boat, same graphics, no platform or 3rd speedo. Bought in '82 as a '74 model. Engine was a Crusader and was red. Got me started...

They look very cool and nostalgic...
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 11:11am
Call the police. You stole it

Great candidate for the CCF calendar next year. Please send kieth pics on the water
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2021 at 1:48pm
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic