Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat covers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WichitaBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat covers
    Posted: October-05-2020 at 12:09pm
I’m looking for a good quality cover for my 1983 Ski Nautique 2001. It needs padding on the windshield corners and that fits well. Thanks Bob in Wichita
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 1:04pm
Angola Canvas in Angola, IN makes great, long-lasting covers.  If you want a decent waterline cover, Skip Dunlap sells them for $500 on ski-it-again.com
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by WichitaBob WichitaBob wrote:

I’m looking for a good quality cover for my 1983 Ski Nautique 2001. It needs padding on the windshield corners and that fits well. Thanks Bob in Wichita

Can't get a better fit than this:

Custom from the PO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 3:05pm
Where did you buy your cover,looks great.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 4:14pm
Can't buy that one. Custom job. Molded, padded and reinforced in all the proper spots. Can sit in a downpour with zero puddling. Came with my boat from the PO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 4:20pm
Sorry,but I’m new to the form,and don’t know what the PO. Is ?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 4:25pm

Sorry,but I’m new to the form,and don’t know what the PO. Is ?

Sorry. PO = Previous Owner.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 4:28pm
So you have no idea who made it for the PO ?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 5:52pm
Hey Bob, right after I saw your note I sent a note to the PO asking him if he's got the persons contact info. The PO did mention that at one time he recalled this person made covers for CC, so maybe someone on here will also chime in that might have knowledge. It's a super cover. I can shoot you some pics of the adjustable hold-downs that run along the rail. It's a very slick set up and the first cover I've ever used that is snap-free. I rank snaps right up there with Satan!;-)
swilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 6:21pm
+1 on Angola Canvas. And they have the pattern and will add just about anything you want to the cover. I’m well pleased.
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 6:22pm
Thanks for checking,I’ve had terrible luck with two mid range covers,would have been ahead to buy a good one in the first place
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2020 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Hey Bob, right after I saw your note I sent a note to the PO asking him if he's got the persons contact info. The PO did mention that at one time he recalled this person made covers for CC, so maybe someone on here will also chime in that might have knowledge. It's a super cover. I can shoot you some pics of the adjustable hold-downs that run along the rail. It's a very slick set up and the first cover I've ever used that is snap-free. I rank snaps right up there with Satan!;-)

Here are a few more pictures Bob:

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 5:16pm
That’s either a Rankin or a Coversports cover. Never seen anyone duplicate that style as a one-off (aka “custom”). Kind of a pain to put on, but a very tight fit and the only truly “trailerable” style cover that is mass produced.

Expect to pay almost double for that style vs a high quality mooring cover like Angola or Skiboatcovers. Longevity shouldn’t be a factor with either, so long as you’re getting sunbrella and aren’t abusing it (like trailering with a mooring cover, etc).
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 5:24pm
Agreed Tim. That’s a Coversports cover if I had to guess. I sure do love the way it stays taut without snaps.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 5:52pm
Carver Covers has the pattern too, and mine has done great on my 85.  Been around here long enough to see Angola covers mentioned again and again, always positively and highly rated.  I have never priced them, but if too $$ give Carver Covers a shot. 
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 6:26pm
+1 on Carver covers. I got a Sunbrella cover for my 2004 SN from Overtons in 2005. Was $400 but that was a long time ago. Cover still looks new but i have a covered dock.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 9:30pm
Angola Canvas was the official supplier to Mid West Correct Craft
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2020 at 9:52pm
I don’t recall seeing any tags on the inside, but never looked too close either. I’ll take a look when I take the cover off. It’s actually fairly quick and easy. From the bin to snugged up in under :10. 
SunFun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunFun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 11:09am
I recently received my custom cover for my 1989 SN 2001 from Cover sports.  Fits great and easy ti put on.

Here is the address; http://www.coversports.net/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
1989 SN 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 12:04pm
Thanks for the information,but the only “Cover Sports” I could find on line,manufactured athletic field/fence covers. Do you have an address or telephone number ? Thanks Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 12:06pm
Did you mean Carver Sports ?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 12:29pm

Thanks for the information,but the only “Cover Sports” I could find on line,manufactured athletic field/fence covers. Do you have an address or telephone number ? Thanks Bob

http://www.coversports.net/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 12:31pm

Try the link below Wink  Cover Source International

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 12:48pm
I checked Carver’s site,and found several different covers for Ski Nautiques ,which cover(material) did you buy, thanks again.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 1:29pm
Mine is sun dura maroon.  I do store with a roof over the boat, but the color and water resistance has persisted nicely.  I had just bought the boat, and it is my second so I did not splurge for the sumbrella which is supposed to be the best.  The sun dura is a more modern fabric and it is more thin, but there are reinforcement for the window.  It also has built in snaps for a bow and stern pole.  I do not use the bow one.  The stitching at the snap has held up nicely.  I cut a noodle to put the metal ratchet into at the stern that tightens the rope in the cover. 
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 10:42am
To triathlete,sorry I didn’t notice the email address you provided. Thanks for the information,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WichitaBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 10:47am
To tryathlete ,sorry I didn’t see your information on cover sport,thanks Bob

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 10:56am

To tryathlete ,sorry I didn’t see your information on cover sport,thanks Bob

No apologies needed. Does anyone know what those nice coversports covers cost? I do like the no-pole very taut covers but also like my waterline cover from Skip Dunlap (Tumac’s) for the time it saves me buffing in the Fall. I really only have to clean up the very bottom of the hull below the cover and that’s hours of time saved.

SunFun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunFun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2020 at 1:31pm
Mine was around $740 with shipping.
1989 SN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic