Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Restoration 2001 SAN with 502

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Oldmenrule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldmenrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restoration 2001 SAN with 502
    Posted: November-24-2019 at 12:17pm
Looking for advice. I have a 2001 SAN that needs a complete new interior and some minor mechanical work/upgrades. The boat also has some stress cracks in the gel coat but only superficial, so I hold not do anything about them. Due the age (2001) of and hours (approx. 1300) on the boat interior I am trying to decide the best route to go. Looking on any advice as to if I am better off selling the boat or restoring. I know that is a broad question. My first question is due to the boat having the 502 is the boat, from a collector’s standpoint” more desirable than the SAN with the standard engine. If there is a higher level of desirability that would influence what direction to go. I am also in NH so curious if anybody has recommendation on who I might have perform the restoration if I went that direction. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2019 at 3:03pm
Boats with the larger engine do tend to sell faster, but don't necessarily sell for more money. None of these are really collector's items - values are pretty stable but unlikely to go up substantially (if at all). If you like it, fix it up and keep running it. If not, sell it.

Christine's Marine should have the upholstery patterns for your boat. You can likely order a complete new set of skins from them and either install yourself or have a local upholstery shop handle it.

Where are you located in NH?
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
Oldmenrule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldmenrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2019 at 3:17pm
Thanks for the input...Located in the Plaistow area.
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2019 at 4:50pm
Can you share some pictures please?
1999 Longhorn Nautique
1995 Nautique Super Sport
https://www.instagram.com/longhorn_nautique/
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2019 at 6:01pm
Marsha at Wards Boat Shop in Ossipee does a great job with interiors.
NautiqueJeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2019 at 10:29pm
Christine's Marine is no longer in business, but C&S Marine has taken over for them. They are the only upholstery shop licensed to reproduce Correct Craft and Nautique logos. I would check with them on the interior.

https://www.candsmarine.com/
Current Boats: 1998 Ski Nautique, 2000 Sport Nautique, 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (twin-engine), 1981 Fish Nautique (twin-engine), 1980 Fish Nautique (twin-engine)
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2019 at 11:51am
Post some pictures...

I’ve got a decent amount of money in my 502 super air at this point but I have no doubt I can get it back out. Since it’s been running I’ve had a half dozen people try to talk me out of it. I would say the market is good for older super airs in general let alone with a big block. Probably has a lot to do with new 210s being well over 100k
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic