Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1999 Longhorn Nautique Restoration Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 15>
Author
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I hadn't seen flush mount lift rings before. Those might save a few broken toes!

Stern light receptacle - do you have a different plan for a stern light?

Yeah, they are cool. But ridiculously expensive for whatever reason. The stern light will be machined into the pylon on the tower.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
1995 Nautique Super Sport
https://www.instagram.com/longhorn_nautique/
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

I hadn't seen flush mount lift rings before. Those might save a few broken toes!

Stern light receptacle - do you have a different plan for a stern light?

YES, I love flush mounted hardware. Are you going to do the same for the tie down cleats? This allows adding a couple of them aft, and you don't have to sweat the rope issue.

I was just going to ask where the Nav light is going? Just has to meet USCG vis requirements, which is essentially the pole height and the OEM location. So anywhere back there should be fine.

MS

You read my mind! Flush mount tie down cleats are being used. Two at the stock location, and two towards the stern.

The bow light is staying in the same place using an oem led nav light, the stern light will be machined into the tower.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 12:51pm
Tower light - that should have occurred to me. Not having a tower myself it doesn't immediately come to mind.

Around 3 years ago I bought a pair of pop up cleats to install on each side close to the stern, never got around to it. I'm not docked very often these days. I might just get that done in the next month or so, nice to have them when tying up.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 1:25pm

Tower light - that should have occurred to me. Not having a tower myself it doesn't immediately come to mind.

Around 3 years ago I bought a pair of pop up cleats to install on each side close to the stern, never got around to it. I'm not docked very often these days. I might just get that done in the next month or so, nice to have them when tying up.

In about two weeks, I will post some pics of them installed. You can decide if you like the look!
1999 Longhorn Nautique
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 1:39pm
Love the pop up lifting rings and cleats. My dad had pop up cleats on his 2001 Malibu. We didn't use them at our own dock, but they were great for hanging fenders when visiting friends on the lake.
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 3:47pm
I'm sure they are standard equip. on the new boats, in-as-much as you can get them 'branded'.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 3:49pm
Ha! Now that you've been inadvertently introduced to James and Daphne, HERE is what I meant ;-)

DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Ha! Now that you've been inadvertently introduced to James and Daphne, HERE is what I meant ;-)

I considered those but the Nautique branded cleats are $82.50 a piece. The cleats I picked are just as high of quality but for only $37.31 a piece. Could not justify double the cost.

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/pull-up-cutting-edge-cleats-sleek-base
1999 Longhorn Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 5:26pm
Good find Dom, I hadn't research them much. Thanks for the link. I think I'll put this on the to-do list!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 2:24pm
I used spring loaded ones on my ‘95 they worked great, just push down and they pop up..

upload

Push down again and they lock down
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I used spring loaded ones on my ‘95 they worked great, just push down and they pop up..

upload

Push down again and they lock down

Looks good! Great looking interior pattern. Love that style.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 12:54am
Those are great looking tie downs, I find myself using a variety of things to tie up to the docks. Those tie downs would be nearly perfect to add. They look smooth so nothing will catch or cut on them.
Mark
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 5:33pm
No rope issues at all Mark. I believe they were from Atwood.
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2020 at 11:29pm
The boat has color!!! Nothing is sanded yet but the color is just beautiful in person. I forgot the tan was actually tan. Lines look great. My favorite part are the edges of the hull. It's like the deck was never put on this boat.

1999 Longhorn Nautique
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2020 at 11:54pm
Wow, you are soon going to have a boat to build! Looking great.
FlyinLow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyinLow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 3:57am
Excellent work. It’s exciting to see this coming together, truly a masterpiece!
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 6:49pm
John sent me a couple photos today of some glassy goodness.

1999 Longhorn Nautique
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 6:57pm
Fantastic work Dominic !
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 7:10pm
Wow!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Fantastic work Dominic !

Definitely not my work. I wish I had the time to do something like this!
1999 Longhorn Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 7:20pm
Dominic, are you sure you don't want to switch it to A&M maroon and white?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 9:21pm

Oh Boy! Now its on like Donkey Kong!
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 9:49pm

Write me a big enough check and I’ll theme it however you want! 😂
1999 Longhorn Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2020 at 2:26am
Great work !!!!!!!!
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2020 at 11:30am
Thanks everyone!
1999 Longhorn Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2020 at 7:53pm
Beautiful. And hey, not too late to put the stock side decals on!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2020 at 8:04pm
I'm calling it Syracuse Orange, and I'll send Dominic the requisite decal!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 4:23pm
Reading over your build thread it surprised me the cost new verses what some are listing/getting for these still after 20 years. I've seen 99's & 2000's listed for 18K+

Also I see you turned the gas fill, I assume you checked to see if that will still work as they are angled for those years. Then again if it doesn't you just need to re-drill the holes.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/fuel-fill-angled-97-02-boats-ski-nautique-176-96-99/
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 4:59pm
Yes sir. Fuel neck was verified prior to any modification. The angle is actually better now vs how it was originally. Really doesn’t make sense why they rotated it the way they did.

Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Reading over your build thread it surprised me the cost new verses what some are listing/getting for these still after 20 years. I've seen 99's & 2000's listed for 18K+

Also I see you turned the gas fill, I assume you checked to see if that will still work as they are angled for those years. Then again if it doesn't you just need to re-drill the holes.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/fuel-fill-angled-97-02-boats-ski-nautique-176-96-99/
1999 Longhorn Nautique
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 8:03pm
Re-manufactured tower came in today from New Dimensions Towers. I asked for some special touches and they delivered big time. These include Integrated/welded bimini top mounts, racks mounted wide enough apart to fit two pair of jumpers with Wiley bindings, integrated stern light within the ski pylon, and all welds smoothed and filled. I’m excited to see this thing powder coated and on the boat. Pumped to finally have some tower racks that are actually designed to work with my skis. Disregard the second hole in the bimini, this is the old top. The hole will be patched. For those of you that don't know what Jumpers are, I grew up 3-event skiing so these are my "for fun" wake jumpers.

I still have the old tower and I am not yet sure what I will do with it. It does need some cosmetic work, holes filled, and a crack repaired. Will address that down the road.

I am really trying to focus on the small things that most people wouldn't notice. I think the small things are what bring this boat to better than new condition and really make it something special.

1999 Longhorn Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic