NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cam05210 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam05210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!?!?
    Posted: November-10-2019 at 1:05pm
I’m replacing the dash panel on my 89 2001 and didn’t realize it wasn’t just taking one off and putting the new one on....now I can’t figure out how to remove the little red indicator lights that are attached through the panel without fully redoing all of the switches. Please help...I’m so close to being done and this is the only hiccup
bfootr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfootr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2019 at 1:51pm
Did the same in my 89’. Unfortunately, you have to cut and re-splice.

Here’s how: Cut them at the switch and you can put a spade piggyback connector on it. Cut the ground side at the solder point where they all connect and then when you put the lights in the new panel hook one side of the light all together and then put your piggy back connector to each breaker on the load side
Cam05210 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam05210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 12:48pm
Uggh...I was afraid someone was going to say this...I'm very novice at electrical so if possible to explain it like you would to a child???

Another thought since I have already gone this far would be to hopefully find new switches/lights to install...would this be any easier? Here's my current view...blue tape labels each switch
Thanks to all the advice...

bfootr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfootr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 7:50pm
You simply have to cut and re-splice to the wires as connected currently. I recommend doing one light at a time. The piggy back connector will easily allow to wires to connect to one tab on the switch. Here's an example of the connector:
Ancor 210612 Marine Grade Electrical Nylon Insulated Double Crimp Funnel Entry Multi-Stack Connector (16 to 14-Gauge, 25-Pack)
by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NI3DGC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_vvEYDbPPQTJTA
Cam05210 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam05210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2019 at 2:13pm
Getting under the dash and following the wiring from the indicator lights...one wire is going into the breaker switch and the other is wired into others as shown in the photo below..would I also have to cut/reconnect this as well and what kind of connection piece would be needed to do so? I think this is getting way too complex and fear damaging the entire wire harness...
bfootr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfootr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2019 at 9:39pm
It’s really not that hard. Just somewhat time-consuming. The wire from the light to the switch is the positive lead and the other wire bundled together is the ground (which ultimately connects to the ground bus bar. Use heat shrink butt connectors for the ground connections. Would be a good idea to remove the negative battery terminal so you don’t accident short anything out. Just work methodically on one at a time and you should be good!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2019 at 9:52pm
Take the dash off the deck for crissake.
Cam05210 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam05210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2019 at 10:05pm
Even better...found a guy who’s meticulous to do it for me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic