NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pertronix distributor Chrysler 318

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pertronix distributor Chrysler 318
    Posted: October-18-2019 at 11:56am
I found retired old guy in town with a 1960 distributor machine. Looks like a record player with nobs and strobe lights on side. I’m having him rebuilding oem IBM 4109 points distributor. Probably will keep both close by Incase one fails. My old oem was a bit sloppy and worn. Motor should run better with more accurate sparking delivery.
Thanks for everyone’s help, helping me understand reverse gear, collar and shaft thing
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2019 at 11:34am
Got my new pertronix D241800 for a Chrysler 1967 LA318 reverse rotation beautiful
It fits perfect. Pertronix has redesigned there model to fit standard or reverse
How, It USES the existing collar/bushing that holds down RR gear, so it has a hair longer shaft to allow for collar(not a short auto shaft). If you have a standard rotation you still use the collar as spacer (Chrysler used collars on both starboard and port engine to eliminate confusion
However if you do not have a collar, do not want to use it and want a short shaft type for standard rotation it will still fit
They have ground the longer shaft up about 1/4” more than stock to create longer tang (flat bar)this allows tang to slip farther into gear and distributor will sit down without collar bushing. It is a very simple engineering design idea to address both standards and reverse with or without collar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic