Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ramlin 835 Leaf Springs Specs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Canuck-Surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck-Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ramlin 835 Leaf Springs Specs
    Posted: October-04-2019 at 11:54pm
My leaf springs in my Ramlin 835 trailer are shot (for 96 Sport Nautique). I emailed Ramlin yesterday about the leaf specs and got a reply today. They said the leaf is 27" eye to eye and rated at 5200 lbs. I'm guessing they mean the axle weight is 5200 so each leaf would rate at 2600 lbs. The steel thickness is 0.36 inches and has 5 leaves. I wrote back to clarify each spring is 2600 lbs and to ask what the width is. He just replied stating the width is 2".

I know the simple answer is to go measure this all myself, but the boat is currently about an hour away.

The biggest issue is that the standard width of all brands of eye-to-eye leaf springs is 1.75 in wide. The local spring shop told me that only slipper leaf springs come in 2in unless its a very custom leaf. I have some pictures of the leaf but I cannot see the rear shackle to confirm it really is a eye to eye leaf.

I've done a lot of research on leaf springs today. Universal Group is a universal leaf manufacturer and they have 2 close matches as follows:
UNA-234 Width: 1.75 in Leaves: 5 Leaf thickness: 0.36in Weight per each spring: 2250 (Total 4500) Eye to Eye dim: 27 in
UNA-142 Width: 1.75 in Leaves: 6 Leaf thickness:4@0.401 / 2@0.36 Weight: 3000 (Total 6000) Eye to Eye dim: 27 in

**Original specs from Ramlin: Leaves: 5 Width: 2 in Leaf thickness: 0.36 in Weight per each spring: 2600 (Total 5200) Eye to Eye dim: 27 in**
My 96 Sport dry weight: 2700 lbs. Trailer weight: 1050 lbs

Does anyone else have knowledge or a Ramlin closeby with a mid to late 90's Ski or Sport that could clarify the actual width of the leafs (1.75" or 2") and that they are eye to eye and not slipper?

Lastly, if the leaf is indeed 2 inches, do you guys think I would be fine with the UNA-234 above and just put some 1/4in spacers on either side of the leaf in the mounting bracket?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic