Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ballast Pumps

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bertie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bertie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ballast Pumps
    Posted: June-25-2019 at 4:06pm
Hello,
Used boat, New to me.
Has anyone ever replaced the ballast pumps on a 2002 216? My boat is the "team edition" which includes the push button fill option. When I push the button to fill, my battery volts go to zero. About 3 seconds later the breaker will pop.... The pumps don't seem to be humming at all. Sea cocks were open.

1) pumps shot?
2) bad ground wire?

Thoughts?

I read reviews that the Tsunami 800GPH will replace them. But I am not sure if I'm ready to embark on a weekend warrior project.

Thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2019 at 4:40pm
Sean,
Sounds like the pump(s) are locked rotor. Check to see if there's something stuck in the impeller(s)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Bertie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bertie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2019 at 5:11pm
Thank you.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2019 at 6:14pm
Sean,
I just had another thought!! Is it possible that the pumps were never drained/winterized and over winter they were freeze damaged?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2019 at 4:39pm
I believe my '03 has the Tsunami pumps on the fill side. Mine's not a direct drive so it'll be in a different location. Mine are a hassle to reach, but so is almost everything on a v-drive, except, naturally, the v-drive itself. And maybe the distributor cap. That's about it haha.

Just make sure when you get a replacement that the intake and output sizes are the same as what's in your boat, if you do get a different model of pump.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic