Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Martinique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Grumpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martinique
    Posted: June-25-2019 at 2:26pm
Located an '86 Martinique for cheap (<$1000 with trailer, new tires). Ad says new floors, new seats to be installed, new carpeting to be installed, new steering, 351 engine runs "fine" but tranny seems "to be stuck in forward". Boat is supposed to be "solid" (sorry for all the ").
Don't know if this is just junk or worthwhile restoring considering that current retail is ~ $5K.
I've restored boats before and am aware about blisters, bad stringers, etc. Obviously I will go to see it. Anything I should that's specific to this boat? Any comments most appreciated.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2019 at 3:09pm
Pass, it’s a heap... it’ll cost you more to restore than it would be worth once finished (even if donating your labor). That particular model is not particularly sought after and decent examples are pretty easy to find for reasonable money. If you want to go boating, buy a boat that is ready to be launched. If you like spending all your free time in the garage and wasting money then this may be a good option though.
Grumpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2019 at 3:16pm
Thanks----I've been successful doing and selling restos before (+$), but don't know much about the Martinique. I appreciate your suggestion. Time to move on.
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2019 at 12:37am
Uumm. I thought spending my wife’s money while in my garage was the whole point of this boat hobby   
hayajustin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayajustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 3:56pm
There was a guy on here from last week or so, looking for a trailer for his Martinque. I believe he was located in Georgia.
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2019 at 1:12pm
Here is the beast. Heck, you likely can haul it away for 500 bucks, Have a good trailer, part the rest, and still be way ahead. Not too time-consuming to part out, and a fairly easy task.

Martinique Hudson Valley CL

Ultra...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic