NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mesh sleeve

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mesh sleeve
    Posted: May-22-2019 at 12:14pm
Anyone know where I can get one of those nylon mesh sleeves to protect pylon from getting scratched up by fly-hi?

In a gazillion year old thread, I think HW said something about this option from McMaster Carr. Is that the best/only way to go?

Checked most of the ski/equipment suppliers with no luck,
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 12:30pm
Fly high has a plastic sleeve inserted on the inner diameter and doesn’t need a separate mesh like other brands like Skylon etc. What brand/model of extended pylon are you working with? I’ve seen some people use things like a thin soccer sock.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 12:42pm
It's an old fly-high I bought used, probably around 11 yrs ago. No inner sleeve inserted. It came with a yellow plastic mesh sleeve, but that is long gone.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 1:05pm
Got a pic? You’re sure it’s a fly high (by BI)? I have never seen a SS version without the plastic liner- was pretty sure the aluminum x-pole had it too.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 2:58pm
LarryBoy, Ole TimBob has got some yellow mesh at the house. Text me your address and I'll get you some in the snail mail.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 3:27pm
Tim-Bee - thought Id have to wait till tonight to get a pic, but it's identical to Bret's that he just sold.

Tim-Bob - Thanks. message sent.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 3:33pm
I have a bunch that Randy in Ohio gave me but it was to thick to fit with my skylon.
I can send you some to try.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 3:38pm
Thanks Paul. Hold off for now, we'll see if TimBob's works, and if so, I'll be all set, if not, I'll be in touch.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 4:00pm
By the way the mesh Randy gave me was the same stuff from Mcmasters.

You may want to try the McMasters Abrasion Resistant Expandable Sleeving if Tims doesn't work, it's half the thickness as what you posted.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 4:29pm
Should have had a plastic insert Larry (in the lower section, which protects both the pylon and the upper half of the FH). If it doesn’t anymore, then call BI and see if they’ll sell you one separately. The fit must be pretty loose without it?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 5:27pm
I have found that 1/16” thick is often too much. The original Skylons came with yellow, white and blue sleeves which were all different thicknesses. Try calling them, pretty sure someone else here did and they sent sleeves for cheap or nothing at all.

Right above what Paul recommended is “expendable sleeving” which is 1/32” thick and available in black, blue, green, orange, red, white and yellow.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 6:00pm
What Hollywood said 1/16” is to thick this is 1/32 and abrasion resistant
But only comes in black

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2019 at 12:07pm
What ever became of this?
Did you get it from Timbob or did you order some?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2019 at 12:32pm
All set. TimBob sent me some. Many thanks TimBob
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2019 at 9:44am
No worries LarryBoy! You're most welcome!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
triplett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2019 at 2:00pm
I'm also looking for a sleeve. TimBob any chance you have any extra you can part with?

I'm a new member and just picked up a 1985 2001 that i'm sorting out. I imagine, I'll be spending some time on this forum and hopefully giving back as I can.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2019 at 10:37am
Michael, Yeah I've got some. Send me a PM with your name and address and I'll get some out to you. $2 plus the ride!
triplett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2019 at 12:22pm
Thanks Morfoot, just sent you a private message. Much appreciated!
Sandman064 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman064 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2022 at 3:35pm
I am winging it here but Morfoot, would you happen to have any more of that mesh sleeve? Just swapped out an old Mastercraft  10 foot pole for an old Skylon my buddy had sitting in his garage for 20 years for my 89 2001. He forgot all about it. It did not have the mesh sleeve with it. If you don't have one what are some alternatives? Could you use an actual sock? lol.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 8:34am
Sandy...Yes sir I should have some in the shed in my Box-O-BoatParts.... I'll check and get back to you.
Sandman064 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman064 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 10:17am
That would be awesome sir. Thank you so much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic