NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What would you do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
DHMcFadin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 8:32pm
Here you go:
https://www.mniboats.com/PCM-Fuel-Injector-6-0L-8NH-p/ra087009.htm

New OEM Fuel Injector Set of (8) For Chevrolet and GMC V8-6.0L https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019EHCV38/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vOFvDbTR2ZG40

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/fuel-injectors/make/chevrolet/engine-size/6-0l-364

Lots of options. Might be worth your time to replace all 8.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
poecs13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poecs13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 8:41pm
This is the PCM one that my boat needs.

What I'm looking for is an automotive equivalent from ACDelco or the like for cheaper than PCM's $200 a piece.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Often times there are aftermarket alternatives that are cheaper than the automotive oem. Certainly don't pay PCM prices but get you some new crispy crisp injectulators.

Like Joe says there has to be other alternatives. Here for example are ones for Fords-
200 dollar each PCM injector

215 dollar set of 8 Ford motorsport injectors

Just need to find the spec's of your GM injectors,PCM for sure did not make them
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by poecs13 poecs13 wrote:

From the shop that worked the injectors today:
"One of them was stuck wide open. The first set of four took four cleanings before they flowed correctly. The second set took three cleanings to flow correctly. They all seem to be flowing within two to three cc's of each other.

Your injector shop should be able to advise you on their size and alternatives
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
poecs13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poecs13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 9:10pm
A set of 8 for $50

Only ones I've found so far with four holes in the bottom. At that price point should I be at all concerned with the quality of the part or just go for it?
poecs13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poecs13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 9:11pm
I figured the injector shop would be able to give a recommendation, but I said the word "marine" and their eyes glazed over.
DHMcFadin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 9:13pm

I figured the injector shop would be able to give a recommendation, but I said the word "marine" and their eyes glazed over.

Marine doesn’t matter. Is a standard GM 6.0 injector.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
poecs13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poecs13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 9:44pm
Right, but apparently they come in a two or four hole variety, does that make a difference? The engine currently has the four hole version.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 9:56pm

At that price point should I be at all concerned with the quality of the part or just go for it?

With what you just spent on the engine rebuild don't now get cheap on the injectors. I know nothing about GM's other than to put my key in my truck and go but I would find a name brand injector,those seem awful cheap.
You know it can go horribly wrong the other way too- here is a melted piston from a GT40 that ran lean on #8

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 10:08pm

Right, but apparently they come in a two or four hole variety, does that make a difference? The engine currently has the four hole version.

Does on a Ford,the high hp ones have the 4 hole. Just to be safe I would not change
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
DHMcFadin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 10:09pm
Grab a set of either GM label or Delphi injectors. Can be found easily online. Get a set of 8 so they all match.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
DHMcFadin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 10:17pm
Grab a set of either GM label or Delphi injectors. Can be found easily online. Get a set of 8 so they all match.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2019 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

With what you just spent on the engine rebuild don't now get cheap on the injectors. I know nothing about GM's other than to put my key in my truck and go but I would find a name brand injector,those seem awful cheap.
You know it can go horribly wrong the other way too- here is a melted piston from a GT40 that ran lean on #8

Come on Gary a little emery cloth some pig mat n polish and slap it back in the hole.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2019 at 2:40pm
I’m gonna use some JB Weld there Paul- it’s got weld right them there in its name
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
poecs13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poecs13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2019 at 2:47am
Okay...the “PCM” (Delphi) one arrived from Miami Nautique and it has...you guessed it...TWO holes.

So now what? I’m thinking all eight should match? Were the original injectors 2 hole and someone switched them to 4 at some point? Sufficiently confused at this point. Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill with the number of holes?
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2019 at 4:21pm
I would want them to match. I still doubt the number of holes needs to match as long as the volume/pressure matches...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic