NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pete to Pete

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pete to Pete
    Posted: April-11-2019 at 8:34am
Happy birthday Pete

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 9:21am
Tryathlete PETE! Happy Birthday!!

Had to clarify that, folks were worried he was talking to himself...….
Js
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 9:30am
awww Shucks Pete and Smith Family! Thanks a bunch!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 11:16am
Happy Birthday Mervin.

Get the birthday wishes in people, he's leaving us for the dark side!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 11:57am
Happy birthday P
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 12:48pm
BaylinerFan.com    Happy Birthday Peter
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

BaylinerFan.com    Happy Birthday Peter

Nice....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 6:39pm
By dark side you mean planet nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

By dark side you mean planet nautique

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 7:39pm
Happy Birthday Pete !
BaylinerFan.com.......say it ain't so
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 8:06pm
The Dark side has inferior boats but the price of entry for a decent low hour 200 with 409 never really got below mid 40’s even for 2010 year. Very frustrating. A few years ago these boats were available in the mid-30’s and that’s when I made up my mind to get a tournament ski boat with open bow. Some of the pricing has been simply nuts. How about $33k for a boat with 2400 hours! I get it though. When everyone agrees what the finest slalom boat is, the competition gets fierce and sellers can wait for the right buyer.

So I’m in a position to buy a great MC197TT with 400 hrs for $10k more than the SS I sold a few weeks back. Unless someone is going to jump up and sell me their 200 OB for $35k, it looks like for at least the next 4-5 years, I’ll be stepping down a notch. I’m not leaving this community where I’ve made many friends and love the help and guidance I get and maybe even give once in a long while. You guys were here for me when I had a POS Supra that got me into boating in the first place.

Still looking for the elusive 200 but on Monday I may do the deal for the MC. It’s a gorgeous boat but it is definitely second fiddle to the most beautiful ski boat with the finest wake. If my health holds up and things keep up the way they are, I should have my 200 before my 65th birthday.

My 60th birthday has inspired me to get back into training shape. A ski school down south this last week taught me its critical to maintain fitness to do this stuff well. I’m grateful for the friends here. I ain’t goin nowhere.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 8:40pm
With the lake your on a guy like you should buy this bad boy- why settle for 2nd best

link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 9:30pm
I need a way to board from the bow and with no open bow it won’t work. Also need a bit more room and that’s why a 409 200 suits the bill.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 9:48pm
Stick around Pete. Probably catch a little hell......but what are friends for right !
Maybe the right CC will pop up in the next few days.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 9:56pm
I can take the abuse. I live in the same neighborhood as Quinner Lol.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 10:00pm
If a 200 was gonna fall out of the sky, I’d be very happy to snag it. I’ve got my plane ticket and water test planned for Monday.
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 11:02pm
The MasterCraft TT 197 is said to have a rather hard and pronounced wake for slalom at 15-22 off at slower speeds (<34 mph). I haven't skied behind one but was told by a MasterCraft promo team member to be very aware of the long line, slow speed slalom wakes. Everyone rejoiced when the 2014 MasterCraft came out as it has some of the best long line, lower speed wakes in the business. Perhaps you ski at 36 mph and short line but I felt obligated to relay the information. Also not sure if your wife and kids might want to ski it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2019 at 12:42am

I heard the same thing.

I skied behind one in Florida. Bump at 15-22 off wasn’t bad at 32-33. Pretty much like the 93 I ski behind which I really like. I skied a 2018 MC. Like the 200 pretty much but nothing beats the 200 from my VERY LIMITED experience. $20k is a big difference to me at my age

I’m going to test it on Monday. If it don’t like it I won’t buy it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2019 at 9:01am
Supposedly TT version has modified hull (I don’t know but that’s what the Ball of Spray officialdom said). It does have a DTS ballast system to add 200# under the passenger side to equalize the wake. Seems like a spotter could do that.

Wow. I really like Jeff’s Python SN. If I could have two boats....I’d have kept the SS and bought that ballistic rocket. 430HP in a 19 foot boat—-yeeeehaaa! Wonder what that big engine does top end!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic