NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nautique Regatta 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nautique Regatta 2019
    Posted: February-14-2019 at 10:42am
   Don't know if you've seen this one yet but it seems that Nautique is doing two of these Regattas this year. One in Arizona and one in Alabama. I'd be up to attend the Southeast Regatta in June. It's a bit closer than Florida for our Midwest CCFans so maybe us Old Timers with the Classic CC's should show up in Force! Here's the registration link for the events:

Southeast Nautique Regatta

Southwest Nautique Regatta

What do Y'all say???
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Timr71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timr71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2019 at 5:33pm
I'll watch this thread to see if there's any takers. The southeast event takes place on my home lake and the hosting marina, Russell Marine, also happens to be my marina as well. But they have multiple locations on the lake and this event will be hosted at The Ridge Marina.

The Ridge is a gated lake community. That may not mean much from a logistics perspective, but if you plan to launch at The Ridge Marina, you'll have to drive through the development and come in through the gated entrance.

The location of The Ridge marina is pretty central on the lake.

I keep my boat at River North, and that's a good 20 - 25 minute ride from there. If you look at Google maps and/or you're looking for a place to crash, you can look at Windmere Creek State Park. That's the part of the lake where we typically play.

The manager at my marina is a big water skiier and there's a course in one of the coves not too far from my marina. It's maintained by the president of the Alabama chapter of the AWSA. Nice guy. There's at least 3 other courses on the lake as well.

I'm not sure if we'll be out that weekend or not. My son is on a travel baseball team and they're playing nearly every weekend in June/July/August, mostly in the greater ATL area. So we'll see. Friday evening on the lake could be a good time though.
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 8:36pm
I would be in! I have tried for years to get my scheduled aligned for a get together. I would lean toward the Alabama location. Both are distance; but, I have always wanted to get together. Looking now. - Fred W. Sauer St. Paul
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2019 at 10:27am
So after discussing this official event with Heather; we're in! Already registered with a boat slip as Kermit will be making the journey, will probably be the smallest boat in attendance and will easily be lost amongst the G's that will be there. Looking forward to it. We'll see if comes close to the CCFan events I've been to and involved with. I doubt it will even come close.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2019 at 11:38am
We are booked as well! The marketing guy at Nautique will be talking to me soon as he wants me to coordinate with him with getting the details out concerning the participating of the older Correct Crafts. After he contacts me I will be back here to publish more info.

Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2019 at 5:16pm
I saw it come across. I may be interested in lake martin deal I heard its pretty nice, Not too bad of a trip for the ol gully wamper.   
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2019 at 1:38pm
I am still waiting any further details for the Regatta but in the meantime go ahead and register .

https://www.thewwa.com/event/2019-nautique-southeast-regatta/

Register each person separately in order for each person attending to receive a free t-shirt. At the time of registration you can specify if you plan to or not to bring your boat. The closest hotels are located in Alexander City, AL. and are limited in quantity. This event will create the opportunity for us older Correct Craft owners to meet up and socialized at one of the many sand bars or underwater islands as well. I plan to be there Friday and Saturday.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2019 at 1:42pm
Here is the host hotel info:

Hampton Inn -
Alexander City
Host Hotel Misc
1551 Elkahatchee Rd,
Alexander City, AL 35010
PH: 256-234-2244

Host Hotel Info
ALL ATTENDEES MUST CALL FOR RESERVATION: PHONE #256-234-2244 Room Rate: $84.60/per night Dbl: 2 Queen Beds, Microwave, Fridge King: 1 King Bed, Shower Only, No Microwave or Fridge Other Lodging Options: Lake Martin Realty: http://reservations.vacationrentaldesk.com Bolton Cove lake home rentals on Lake Martin: - http://boltoncove.com/ VRBO.com - be sure to use Zip Code 35010 Days Inn, 3146 Highway 280, Alexander City, AL 35010 PH: 256-234-6311 All attendees must call direct to hotel to make reservation: Reference: Nautique Southeast Regatta to get special discounted rate of $72/per night for King/Dbl Queen $114.95/Suite All rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. Hot breakfast includes boiled eggs, biscuits & sausage ,Gravy& hot waffles is included in the rate. Hotel has free internet and a large outdoor pool & Fitness center. Credit card required to book rooms. Individual rooms will have 24 hours cancellation policy applied.

There is a state park with camping and RV hookups close by as well. Here is their info:

Wind Creek State Park -
4325 Alabama Hwy. 128,
Alexander City, AL 35010
PH: 256-329-0845
for reservations contact www.alapark.com

Nearby Airports
ATL - 145 miles BHM - 71 miles MGM - 51 miles
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2019 at 2:24pm
Im registered and booked at hampton inn
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2019 at 6:03pm
Does anyone know the "boat license" regs for alabama? for non resident...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by rosconole rosconole wrote:

Ross,
You don't have a search feature on internet service in Orlando?

I did find this:
"The Marine Police Division of the Department of Natural Resources regulates the boating laws in Alabama.
All powered watercraft (including gasoline, diesel and electric motors) that are operated mainly on Alabama waters must be registered. Some vessels are exempt from the boat registration requirements, including those that are:

Currently registered and kept in another state"

Also, in my searching I did come across the needed Alabama safe boating exam. That may restrict you going to the regatta.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2019 at 7:49pm
I've got a FL boater one and concealed permit , i hand them that one first then they quit asking questions.. plus a uscg saftey sticker . In any event it just wasn't very clear when I looked in a few spots Yes I have internet when no one hits a telephone more or I don't cut it with the lawnmower. I got plenty of generator to keep it running too. Im sure i;ll be fine as long as I don't start shooting flares and spray the DNR man with a super soaker
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2019 at 11:08am
I met with the Russell Marine people this past Friday evening. I asked for a schedule of events for this weekend and was informed they are being worked out and would be passed of to me to share with all of you. They asked me to encourage everyone to go to the website and register for this event. A free t-shirt is included with each registration. I registered my wife and me separately so we would each receive a t shirt. You will also be asked if you are bringing a boat or not and if so do you need a docking spot and I think a place to park your trailer. This event will be a great opportunity for us CCFANS to meet up and maybe do our own thing on our own during the weekend as well. I am pushing hard for the event schedule so that our group can make plans and share with others ASAP!! It will be here before you know it!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2019 at 11:09am

The boat license is for AL residents only.

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by rosconole rosconole wrote:

Ross,
You don't have a search feature on internet service in Orlando?

I did find this:
"The Marine Police Division of the Department of Natural Resources regulates the boating laws in Alabama.
All powered watercraft (including gasoline, diesel and electric motors) that are operated mainly on Alabama waters must be registered. Some vessels are exempt from the boat registration requirements, including those that are:

Currently registered and kept in another state"

Also, in my searching I did come across the needed Alabama safe boating exam. That may restrict you going to the regatta.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2019 at 11:58am

Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Brit_hunsicker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2019 at 1:37pm
Trip is booked! Got a house rented on AirBNB about 5 miles to the east of the marina. Private dock with 2 slips. Should be a great time!
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2019 at 1:48pm
10-4 , if your far enough from land I consider it international waters any how.
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2019 at 9:19am
We were thinking about going but couldn't find a place to stay every camp ground I checked is booked for the year. It must be a very busy place.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2019 at 8:23am
Okay So is anyone else going to this ???? Reids BB from the Ruckus Frank called me and said he's driving down but coming down boatless. Here's the CCFans I know are coming....

Morfoot
ScottZ
Brit
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 12:31am
3 am is going to come awful early.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Brit_hunsicker Brit_hunsicker wrote:

3 am is going to come awful early.

Looking at the squat on the truck you must fill that up with ballast too or maybe you have a spare engine or 2 back there
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 10:23am
I thought the same thing. You may be getting a few bright flashes from oncoming traffic ar 3 am! Have a great trip!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 11:09am
Too Much Junk in The Trunk

Nice looking Truck & Boat, boat looks way forward on the trailer, appears to be a foot + of bunk aft of the stern
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 11:18am
1000lbs of contraband R12 in the pickup?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 3:00pm
Wish I could join y'all. When I get to B'ham Saturday I have to turn west to Jackson, MS for a funeral versus coming on down to Lake Martin.

I hope you all have a blast.

Richard
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 3:20pm
Was wondering if Y'all were gonna head down for this. According to ScottZ who's talked with the host marina. This is going to be an annual event. Scott, Brit, Frank, and I will take one for the team and let y'all know how it goes. Kermit, Heather and I are leaving in the morning to be a dwarf among giants. I did sign up to demo a new SN tomorrow so I'm looking forward to skiing behind a 2019. It should be a little different than a 72 Mustang.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 5:57pm
Ha ha the bed is LOADED. The bulk of the weight is in lead. Also doesn’t help that this trailer is for a 2010 210 so my boat sits too far forward infront of the axles.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2019 at 5:03pm
I hope it becomes a regular one, as usually it will be easy for me to make. I want to see a pic of Kermit next to the biggest ugliest surf boat there!
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2019 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Brit_hunsicker Brit_hunsicker wrote:

Ha ha the bed is LOADED. The bulk of the weight is in lead. Also doesn’t help that this trailer is for a 2010 210 so my boat sits too far forward infront of the axles.

I cannot see from the pic but is the bow stop adjustable? Maybe you can move it as far aft as possible to reduce tongue weight?

That’s a gorgeous boat and tow rig u got there.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2019 at 7:12pm
Unless you have all/most of the lead aft of the rear axle, I can’t see the boat squatting a F250 Diesel.
I pull a 7,000 excavator with mine and don’t get that much squat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic