NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001 SAN Interior & SeaDek

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Brit_hunsicker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 SAN Interior & SeaDek
    Posted: January-15-2019 at 10:53pm
Little project I’m helping my buddy with over the winter. I’m more or less storing it and doing all the work at his expense because he is tired of hearing me give him crap. Interior has been in rough shape ever since we started riding together 5 years ago. Finally got him to open his wallet and let me work some magic.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2019 at 10:54pm
First task at hand was SeaDek on all the same surfaces I did on my 2001.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2019 at 10:56pm
Next project is pulling all of the interior out of the boat to take to my local upholstery gal. We’ve decided to change this boat up quite a bit. We are reversing the interior color to be mainly blue and with some gray. No more white. Everything in the boat that is currently white will be blue. Everything in the boat that is currently Blue will be gray. Everything in the boat that is gray will be updated to the new darker gray.

Here is a picture of the SeaDek colors matched to new interior color

Took this picture to show the upholstery lady so she can hopefully make each piece a hair larger for a more tight fit.

This front wraparound piece was much easier to pull out than I imagined it would be. Good to know for when I have my interior redone next winter.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2019 at 10:58pm
First thing I took to the upholsterer was the 3 back hatches. She called last week and said they were ready to be picked up. I walked in noticed something terribly wrong....she flip flopped the colors. She accidentally ordered more gray than she did blue...Luckily she took full responsibility and said she would order more blue and reverse the colors. Glad I didn’t take her the whole set at once, that could have been catastrophic! On a side note though...what she did looks awesome! I felt so bad telling her she had the colors reversed. I should have these pieces back the correct way by the end of the week. More pics to come as she gets them done!
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2019 at 9:22am
Looking great

btw did she yell "hey Azz Monkey" when you walked in?

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2019 at 8:38pm
Now we are on the right track! Just got the 3 rear hatches back and they look awesome! We also decided to do way with the original thought of gray seat bottoms like it was factory and go with blue. So the boat will be all blue with gray accents.

Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2019 at 11:05am
I really like the colors.

I plan to do the Sea Deck to mine once it's a runner.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Treybizttu Treybizttu wrote:

I really like the colors.

I plan to do the Sea Deck to mine once it's a runner.

Thanks, can’t wait until we start getting more pieces back! You should have a few options in your area for SeaDek fabricators without having to make the templates yourself and deal directly with SeaDek, I have heard that is a pain. Luckily I have the only fabricator and installer in the Midwest within 30 minutes of me.
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2019 at 2:49pm
any progress?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2019 at 11:41pm
It’s been a boring couple of weeks. The upholsterer had a few other projects she needed to get done. She did call yesterday to say she will be ready for more pieces over the weekend. She should have the big wraparound bow piece done and the big wrap around piece in the back done this weekend. It may be middle of next week before I get any pictures as I’m headed to Dallas for work on Sunday morning.

2 new speakers for the bow to match the rest of the boat. All the speakers will still be hidden behind the cloth to keep the factory look but they are all Wetsounds...kinda wishing I would have ponied up the money several years ago for Wetsounds when I did mine.
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2019 at 1:52am
How much all those pieces run you for sea dek? they are close by me here I could use some in front of hatch like that.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2019 at 10:14am
To do everything you see on this boat you’re looking at anywhere between $500-700 depending on if the templates they have match your boat. One thing we learned as just because it’s the same year and model doesn’t mean it’s going to fit. Boats of this era and further back have more variations from one boat to the next than boats nowadays have. I had DekDesigns in Topeka do this boat.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 1:14am
Got the rear seat back picked up yesterday. The nose wraparound piece should be finished by Wednesday when I get back in town.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2019 at 7:05pm
Bow piece is done. Now just a bunch of easy stuff left!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2019 at 8:18pm
Finally got the seat heaters in off the slow boat from China. Here are a few pictures to show what the preliminary plan is with them.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2019 at 10:28pm
Got some pieces back today. Looks really good. The only piece that you can noticeably see the heating pad underneath is the bottom of the drivers seat. It doesn’t look terrible IMO since it is at least straight. Should have the rest of the pieces back by the weekend.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 12:03am

Finally got the boat in some decent light to be able to see the real glory of this blue.

Cold brew anyone?

Ballast tanks pulled out
Parkinglot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parkinglot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2019 at 8:08pm
Very nice Brit, How much does "your gal" charge to do that work? Too bad that beer doesn't age like wine!
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2019 at 12:17pm
Thanks for sharing all the pictures! Nice colors. Very timely for me as I was looking for speakers to update the 93SN. - Fred
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Parkinglot Parkinglot wrote:

Very nice Brit, How much does "your gal" charge to do that work? Too bad that beer doesn't age like wine!

This was about $2,500 worth of work
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit_hunsicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 6:18pm
Got the boat all cleaned up and the interior put together.

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 7:40pm
You would need towels all over that interior in a Australian summer
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic