NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20-October-2003

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20-October-2003
    Posted: October-20-2018 at 7:46am
15 years ago today was the first post made by Keith to the CCfan forum.

Thinking about it, I'm always amazed at what the site has done for Correct Crafts and the people who have or do own them. But, I feel really amazed at the friendships that have developed because of CCfan.

Thanks Keith for creating CCfan and making that first post.

Now, I'm not computer savvy enough to have figured out how to find the first post. Ken told me but he wasn't savvy enough ether to find the date. Larry told him so, thanks Larry for bringing up the important anniversary. If you go to the member list and click on the "registered", the dates are reversed. Try it and it's interesting to see some of us that were here early on and many who are still with us.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2018 at 9:00am
Here's the memberlist in chronological order, you need to be signed in to see it

link

Kinda funny that Nautique Jeff from that "other" website was one of the first members.

Must have been checking on the new kid on the block.

Happy 15th birthday CCF
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2018 at 9:13am
Follow the link to an early post on PN.

I think Jeff got it right

link

And another And who's that guy Hollywood who seems to have gotten it somewhatl wrong back then?

link
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Follow the link to an early post on PN.

I think Jeff got it right

link

And another And who's that guy Hollywood who seems to have gotten it somewhatl wrong back then?

link

Look at what happened!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2018 at 9:48am
And then there are the posts about some of life's traumatic experiences like this one.shared with those friends Pete mentioned.

link
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2018 at 10:01am
Just never took off.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 7:06am

And then there are the posts about some of life's traumatic experiences like this one.shared with those friends Pete mentioned.

link

Always irreverent and funny some of us are;
“One thing about these buses that confuses me, when did they start making them so long, I always rode the short bus to school” CQ
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

link

“One thing about these buses that confuses me, when did they start making them so long, I always rode the short bus to school” CQ

Quinner turned out perfectly normal later in life though   

Fits my definition of normal anyways

[/QUOTE]
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 2:28pm

Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

link

Quinner turned out perfectly normal later in life though   

Fits my definition of normal anyways

[/QUOTE]

The Deep Lake community wouldn’t be the same without CQ and all that he brings to us.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 2:56pm
Trust me I have not forgotten my post on PN.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 5:22pm
There have been some pretty impressive engineering feats documented thru the years

Here's one of my favorites really

link
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 5:37pm

There have been some pretty impressive engineering feats documented thru the years

Speaking of engineering, I wonder if any of the following was done?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 7:24pm
This is like a trip down memory lane

Next topic would be the "warm, enthusiastic welcome" that the suspicious new guy gets

In the link below is the "tranny man's welcome"

When it was over he was definitely welcome

link
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 7:50pm

This is like a trip down memory lane

link

Yes, we sure can't forget 79. Actually, he did provide plenty of comical times.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 10:55pm
If we are bringing up classic CCF threads, here is one from 2007 that changed our terminology and vocabulary forever.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8553&KW=bacerd+motor&PID=84482&title=bacerd-movin-motor#84482
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Trust me I have not forgotten my post on PN.

Kevin pretends to be one of us be we all know he is one of those PN thurfers that looks down upon us silly old boat owners.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

If we are bringing up classic CCF threads, here is one from 2007 that changed our terminology and vocabulary forever.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20181021195026&KW=bacerd+movin+motor      

yrraL

.tfel setator rubilacxe ym eveileb I

.sdrecab era srotom rehto meht llA

This said it all to me!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 11:35pm
My favorite post was the “learning to barefoot” post about the definition of “taco”.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 11:39pm
I actually surfed twice with CCF members.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 11:42pm
HW—the expression on your face says something like “people buy $150k boats to do THIS?”
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2018 at 3:53am
I found this forum when I decided to sell my Malibu and step back into the Correct Craft family again. I started with a 78 Ski Nautique in 1982 then went Malibu from 1990 to 2013.
First went to PN for help on my search.   Then found CCF.   What a vast improvement.
At least from my perspective. I like to repair nearly everything on my equipment.
( although I did let the insurance company pay for needed fiberglass work)
This forum has helped with each and every question so far.
Thanks Keith for establishing a first class fix and repair site that also offers some pretty great conversations along the way.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2018 at 7:20am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20181021195026&KW=bacerd+movin+motor      

Larry,
The link to the search expired. It's happened to me too. I tried using your key words "bacerd+movin+motor " and the CCfan search didn't come up with anything. Yes, the "bacerd" did change our vocabularies!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2018 at 8:26am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2018 at 10:32am
Im glad to be here. "Since 2007"
Js
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2018 at 12:48pm
It's been a good gig.

Note to HW, I looked it up:

It's is the contraction (abbreviated form) of "it is" and "it has."
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

It's been a good gig.

That pretty much says it all

And one of the best parts of the gig has been the start to finish refurbishment/stringer replacement threads by a bunch of people over the years.

They usually came looking for help/ideas and by the time they were done their projects were pretty impressive.

I'd start listing them, but invariably some people would be left off so I won't list any of them.
They're easy enough to find with a search.

By the way Pete, you'll notice I didn't use the "restoration" word
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2018 at 1:51pm

their projects were pretty impressive.

By the way Pete, you'll notice I didn't use the "restoration" word

Ken,
I did notice and I agree that there are some very impressive results.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2018 at 10:40pm
All that I know is that the info from this site has helped me more time than I can count . And with that - I say THANK YOU !!!!!!
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2018 at 10:13am
Those old threads are hilarious. That was good fun reading those.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2018 at 1:59am
wow....15 years.

don't know where I would be without the friendships made here and all the reunions attended.

7895 posts...

thanx Keith!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic