Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this factory?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
89Nautique2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this factory?
    Posted: October-10-2018 at 4:10pm
I bought a 68 Mustang with 289. Did Correct Craft use galvanized pipe fittings on water pump? The prior owner told me it is all stock. Is this correct? Thanks
------- They are only original once! ------
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 4:54pm
Scott,
Yes. Are you worried about the galvanized?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 4:56pm
Scott,
How about some pictures? love to see what you found.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 7:10pm
I could not find where to attach the pictures, can you tell me how? This boat supposedly dropped a valve in 1974, It took out one piston and hole in cylinder. Guy said it has been inside all its life since then. The interior looks like it has been changed, The gel coat is original and good, except stress cracks where ever something is bolted. Windshield and emblems are mint. Guy kept it and the correct craft trailer licensed all these years. I purchased a 302 out of a 77 ski tique that I am going to put in it (could not find a 289). Has the ski package. The pipe fittings just looked odd to me. Let me know how to post pics and i will add some. Thanks
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 7:15pm
Scott,
Click on the angled arrow icon directly above. That will take you to the full reply. Then click the tree with the up arrow. A box will come up allowing you to select anything off your computer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 7:45pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 7:53pm
Scott,
Yes, the piping sure looks factory to me. You are correct that the interior has been changed. The best place to see what's original is in the brochure section in the reference section but, also take a look through the diary section at owners Mustangs.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 8:02pm
The blue panel in the pic is from another boat, just had it sitting in there when I took the pic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 8:03pm
Thanks for the info!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 8:11pm
I think Pete is smoking something. Nothing looks right about that pump, it’s upside down for one..
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 9:13pm
Pete, you missed the plastic gas filter!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by 89Nautique2001 89Nautique2001 wrote:

Kinda curious, Is that a normal automotive rotation engine in the picture or a reverse rotation engine?

If you're not sure, take a good close picture of the distributor gear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 10:57pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 11:00pm
Added another photo I had. The boat has a flat top mallory dist. I am assuming it is a lt hand rotation, I will check next time I get to my shop. It also has exhaust manifolds like my 86 nautique had, the ones that rise in the center, then go down. Are these correct? I think the story on this boat may be BS.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2018 at 11:14pm
Looks like an 289 interceptor I once had. Raw water intake hose came up and over the engine to the raw water pump. Might be original it has the short smooth pieces of brass pipe to slide the rubber hose on.,
Old school goin back to school!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 2:03am
Those are the same exhaust manifolds I have. My intake looks like yours also. Has the "t" between manifold hoses & same distributor. What year was yours?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 3:59am
You guys with your Frankenstein motors... Wrong pumps, mounted wrong, extra fittings and hoses... LOL.

TimD’s interceptor here is a better example of what the plumbing should look like.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3455&title=hello-and-i-need-a-pic-302

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 12:44pm
TRBenj must be the expert on this forum. LOL He always has a smart ass comment
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 1:05pm
I have the photobucket/chrome fix but still cant see old images. Anyone else finding that?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 1:34pm
TRBenj, Tim's engine is far from original. Orange hoses, different valve covers, wrong plug wires, paint everywhere! Also notice the plastic fuel filter? LOL
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 1:46pm
I'm confused. Are you asking for original engine pics or correct plumbing paths and fittings?

Tim's reference is to the correct plumbing path and fittings - no mention of originally of the entire engine.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 3:24pm
More like fuktory

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 6:42pm
8122pbrainard says factory, everyone else says not.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 6:52pm
Double checked the original ‘68 289/302 interceptor in my barn today, and the pics I have saved from dad’s ‘68, as well as my original ‘71 conqueror-crusader (which uses the same rwp/bracket) if it makes you feel any better. My comments above stand.

Not sure if galvy is original or not, though all of mine show paint and appear to be brass if I had to guess. Yours is mounted upside down and has a number of additional fittings installed.

TimD’s cooling system plumbing appears to be generally correct, if not 100% original. If this site wasn’t so difficult to interface with on the phone I’d upload some better pics, but it is what it is.

So, since you asked, NO. Not factory, IMHO.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by 89Nautique2001 89Nautique2001 wrote:

Added another photo I had. The boat has a flat top mallory dist. I am assuming it is a lt hand rotation, I will check next time I get to my shop. It also has exhaust manifolds like my 86 nautique had, the ones that rise in the center, then go down. Are these correct? I think the story on this boat may be BS.

The story is indeed quite likely BS, those exhaust manifolds are Waukesha, not interceptor and later than 68, possible they were done before 74 but only just barely.   The exhaust hoses and probably more look to have been upgraded from the original interceptor sized ones to 3 inch to match the Waukesha outlets. The cooling pump is an interceptor but for that application indeed upside down.. my 67 interceptor had two short galvanized stubs on it when I got it but it was not close to original so who knows how it started, mine was also upside down - quite a few people did that when switching from a rh engine that came in the boat to an automotive based LH engine as someone had done to mine. Your carpet, floor, side panels, ski racks, etc were not close to original and not likely done anytime before 74 maybe 84. That's what can be seen from the limited view above.   If you really want to know what is or isn't original post a bunch of pictures and you will get a pretty good idea from the experts on this site although even within the same years and models correctcraft had some significant hardware variations.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 10:44pm
Thanks to ALL for the info!    I will probably have to do some more "Frankensteining" to it to get the 302 4bbl installed
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2018 at 10:45pm
Ok, I'll man up and take my beating.....
The engine I posted a picture of is indeed a 165 hp 289 interceptor. The original interceptor aluminum exhaust manifolds were replaced with pyramid style exhaust manifolds after they melted thru because the original raw water pump completely failed. A new pump was installed and was plumed the way you see it. It similar to the previous picture as the trans cooler is sitting up high on the back of the engine.
Thanks for educating me....
Old school goin back to school!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2018 at 7:56am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I have the photobucket/chrome fix but still cant see old images. Anyone else finding that?

Let me know how this works
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2018 at 9:28am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Let me know how this works

Not being named Larry, I thought I'd ask, are you wondering how the "fix" works?

If that's the question, it works good

Here's a link down at the bottom to the old thread about getting the fix and there's a link in that thread right to the Google Chrome Store

It only works with Chrome and only on Photobucket hosted pictures. I've been noticing some pictures on here lately that have disappeared but I think there from other photo hosting sites.

It seems like every once in a while there's a problem seeing the pictures and I have to delete the fix and turn right around and reinstall it, then everything is good again.

Just to make Pete feel good, I always go back to his thread on "proper prop installation" and see if the photos show up in that thread since those pictures were photobucket hosted. If you're reading this Pete,I don't read it, I just look for the pictures.

link    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic