Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Binding strap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Binding strap
    Posted: September-28-2018 at 12:28am
The strap over the front boot of a 1970s O'Brien World Team Comp ripped. Any idea where to get a new strap?
Jim
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 2:57am
See link below for binding parts from Wiley's:

LINK

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 7:47am
Much appreciated. I think my friend is looking for something more OEM.
Jim
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2018 at 8:14am
Since you're not looking for just any old piece of rubber, maybe a picture of the front binding would be helpful

But here's something that might be workable complete with some extra parts

link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2018 at 8:30am
Here's a picture. I am sure he is hoping to find the green overlay. I question whether the material is much different than what you identified.

Jim
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 3:34pm
I can get him one for $50 plus shipping. Problem is it comes attached to a ski and with a ski case.

I have a 72 inch version of this ski. Usually ride it once a year. Love it.
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 3:35pm
PS the one for $50 is not mine, its a local 64 inch version in nashville. I won't sell mine till I am way older and more decrepit than I currently am.
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 3:52pm
Owned two of those, one left behind on the public dock, one stolen. I was going to buy a 3rd, but was talked into an HO Mach 1, which I'm glad happened, that was (is!) a great ski. But that WTC is a classic. Wish I still had one to hang on the wall. I do keep my eyes open for one. I was recently talking to Greg about olden day skis. I liked my WTC, but at the time, wished I could have gone "Big Time" with the Competitor. That was hot stuff back in the day.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic