Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bilge blower hoses on 98 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bilge blower hoses on 98 SN
    Posted: August-18-2018 at 7:02pm
Loving the new 98 SN (to me) and all the info I have gathered reading the post here on CCF. Just spent an hour reading post on Bilge blowers and my eyes are beginning to hurt
Mine is working as far as running when I turn the switch on. But I noticed today as I was getting on the platform from the water after a great run on glass, that there is a good flow of air coming out of the starboard vent but very little coming out of the port vent. I pulled the seat and checked the hoses and both are connected there above the fuel tank.
The bilge blower hose runs from under the engine on the starboard side and then disappears under the floor.

My questions are.
1. Is there a Y behind the fuel tank so both of the vents in the back are fed by the bilge blower, or is the port vent from something else????
2. I also read in some other posts about venting from the front going into the engine compartment. The hoses were a mess and all disconnected from the heater assy.when I bought the boat. Was not planning on useing the heater so did not worry about them to much. Sounsd like I may need to crawl under there again and take a closer look???

Any chance someone has pictures of the vents with the fuel tank removed ???

Thanks for the help.

84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2018 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Mpost Mpost wrote:

My questions are.
1. Is there a Y behind the fuel tank so both of the vents in the back are fed by the bilge blower, or is the port vent from something else????
2. I also read in some other posts about venting from the front going into the engine compartment. The hoses were a mess and all disconnected from the heater assy.when I bought the boat. Was not planning on useing the heater so did not worry about them to much. Sounsd like I may need to crawl under there again and take a closer look???

Update,
Looks like I answered my own Question #2. Did some crawling around under the bow and found that the hose from the vents is in place to direct air to the bilge when under power. 1st picture.
Also was poking around as I remembered the PO mentioned that the heater control switch had been disabled when I bought the boat. Looking at the engine there is a fitting with a hose and wires to it and the hose goes down towards the bottom of the block to another fitting. Looks like about 1" heater hose. And there are two red heater hoses laying in the bilge not connected to anything. I assume this is wear the heater core hoses should go and the fitting with wires is a valve that opens and closes with the heater control , ??? last tow pictures.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2018 at 9:15pm
If you want that heater to work well at all speeds get yourself one of these.. Skidim had them but now it seems they refer you to Heatercrafts site. It goes in the water intake hose before the raw water pump,I put mine about a foot before the pump. Then the hose that comes out of the block connects to it. It works on the suction of the raw water pump rather than the circulation pump of the block. You will need to measure your hoses to get the correct one.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2018 at 11:39pm
There is no valve that opens electrically water runs through the heater core all the time.
My guess would be the the PO disconnected it because the heater core leaked.
The wire in the picture is your temperature sensor.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2018 at 4:27pm
Good Looking boat, welcome aboard.
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2018 at 7:04pm
MrMCD,
Thank you. New here but have owned a SN since 2003. Only time I needed some advice with my 84, 2001 was back in 2007 when my RWP bearings went out on me. Joined PN then but was not aware of CCF.
My 98 has required a lot more research and good help from the folks here at CCF. My experience here has been a pleasurable one, and enjoy spending the time reading about ideas from the great SN fans here.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic