Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick fuel carb help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Stevo89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick fuel carb help
    Posted: June-18-2018 at 7:40pm
Anyone have a picture of the throttle side of their carb
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 10:51pm
These help any??

Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 9:49pm
You mention in another post that you have a 1990 Ski Nautique.

Here is a Pic from my '88.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 10:21pm
so silly question or 2...........why is your spring on wrong(hooked on top of the linkage)

And, why put up a picture of it on wrong?

Edit The new picture he put in place of the original is the way it should be
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 10:24pm
1989 Ski Nautique 2001
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

so silly question or 2...........why is your spring on wrong?
And, why put up a picture of it on wrong?

What I had easily available. Was going to edit post&picture when I got a chance to head back out to the shop :| . PO had reinstalled carb wrong after a rebuild. Second issue I have found. First being accelerator pump linkage not installed correctly.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2018 at 11:02pm
Glad you found it. That must have made for some funny idle issues

An edit would be much less confusing to someone looking at this thread later on.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2018 at 12:12am
Ken, Think you need to look a little closer. TO ME it looks as though the spring is below the throttle shaft which would return it to idle if linkage came loose. NOT where I would have attached the spring because of the leverage factor. Mine is in the top hole and mounted forward. I think his setup would work but not optimum. Correct me if I don't see this correctly.
        1978 Mustang (modified)
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2018 at 2:10am
Duane, I ended up editing the post to avoid future people from getting the wrong idea on how to connect things up. The incorrect way is    here Yes less leverage when connecting below. Where/How is your connection from the front setup?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2018 at 9:54am
[QUOTE Edit The new picture he put in place of the original is the way it should be[/QUOTE]

Oops, guess I never saw the original pic and did not pay attention to the phrase above.

This would work, kinda, but not as good of leverage as the top hole and spring forward. I get the cover off today and I will take a pic of mine.
        1978 Mustang (modified)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic