Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT-40 compression

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
curiouslibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curiouslibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 1:37am
Actually all I Know is my compression numbers are above average and as the guy at the dealership said it could be just a 302 head so smaller space bigger compression numbers but overall horsepower is lower. I just put on the fresh air exhaust. My number before with my old prop of 40.1 mph was without the fresh air exhaust. The 41.1mph was with the new acme 422 pro and the fresh air exhaust. I’ve read extensively the forums on the loping and have ordered the AIV but haven’t put it on yet as we are in the middle of moving houses and that part is boxed up with other household items in the move. Might be another couple of weeks before we find the box. Other than the curiosity of lower numbers than other people here it’s a good running boat and we enjoy it. In fact the perfect pass display started acting up so I took it back to the dealership so they could fix it under warranty and even the mechanic not ed the plate stamped on the engine said 4800rpm is WOT so maybe my overhauled engine isn’t too far off original spec.
W
i
l
l

"Don't argue with idiots, onlookers will not be able to tell the difference between the two of you, as the idiot drags you down to their level and beats you with experience."
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2018 at 8:49am
Originally posted by curiouslibra curiouslibra wrote:

Actually all I Know is my compression numbers are above average and as the guy at the dealership said it could be just a 302 head so smaller space bigger compression numbers but overall horsepower is lower..

Well when you get right down to it, that sentence above doesn't exactly make any sense.

A GT40 or 40P head technically began life as a 302 head.

I'd still yank the FAE so you're comparing apples to apples.

Old prop numbers were with original exhaust, check the new prop with the original exhaust, then you have a meaningful comparison
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic