Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1993 SN Closed Bow Windshield Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GroovyNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroovyNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1993 SN Closed Bow Windshield Replacement
    Posted: June-05-2018 at 5:34pm
Have read only a couple things online about replacing the windshield in a 1993 SN closed bow. I have the tempered glass from a glass shop, but trying to find some brave souls to help me install it. No glass shop will help unfortunately.

I imagine some hands on either side of the windshield to hold it on the outer edges and then 1 or 2 people in the middle to bow it into place?

Would it help to heat the glass slightly or would that only wreck the tempering?

Thanks!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2018 at 6:04pm
Being an international jewel thief, you must have connections of some kind that could help you with this.

How about an under the table, no paperwork, no blame on them if it breaks, deal with the glass shop.

Maybe after hours and a little bit of their favorite liquid refreshment would help too.

GroovyNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroovyNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2018 at 7:01pm
Windshield installed. 4 people - 1 on each side and 2 in the boat. Tons of dish soap. Glass flexed easily into the frame.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic