NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2oTH Anniversary '81?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2oTH Anniversary '81?
    Posted: April-13-2018 at 9:07pm
OK, so I bought this '81 back in November. 1425 hours. I've rebuilt motor, turning attention to hull/interior. Couple questions:

1): There are 3 stickers with Slalom time/speeds around the interior with a 415 area code phone number along with Berkeley Water Ski Club (Berkeley, Ca) stickers on each side window, so I believe it's seen course duty.. BWSC is 40 minutes away, so I believe the boat is local to me. The seller (owner for 3 years) claimed to have bought it from the original purchaser, but had lost records.
(I'd like to know how to trace boat's origins.)

2): Today, as I was removing things for color sand & buff, I noticed "20TH ANNIVERSARY LTD MODEL" cast into the hull on transom upper left. I've read about the 20A 81's and their unique features (of which mine has none). The boat is still very original, down to the carpet and most of the upholstery.

Now I realize this is not a vintage Ferrari, but is thing any more valuable?
Before I begin my planned modifications which were to include (gasp, clutch chest..) storage/drink holders/stereo, etc. (some of which require a saw or drill.) I thought I'd investigate the 20th A deal.

(do pictures still require web-hosting)

Thanks for any insight
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 10:17pm
I think all the 81 had it cast into the hulls.   Our 81 has the same thing and it doesn't have the features as other 1981's I have seen (No ski trays on the sides of the interior, black dash not wood grain)

Flickr has worked for my picture uploads/hosting.
Joby1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joby1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 5:37pm
Id love to see some pics. I love the late 70s-thru the early 80s.
my 1980 SN is mad at my 2009 HD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 11:28pm
Not a huge number of responses, so is it fair to assume that all the '81 's were stamped as 20th ann.Ltd.?
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 2:04am
I believe the actual 81 anniversary boats had a deluxe interior. The drivers seat was taller
than standard, and had a special windshield - perhaps polished metal instead of paint? Not sure. Alan's former 81 was a true anniversary edition. There are lots of picture of that boat around the site.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 8:58am
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

Not a huge number of responses, so is it fair to assume that all the '81 's were stamped as 20th ann.Ltd.?

Yes
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 10:53am
They were all stamped anniv but the deluxe model was different than a standard. As Brian states, seat backs were taller and had full wooden bases, ski lockers on both sides, some had doors covering the lockers, stainless rubrail instead of the rope, silver windshield instead of black, the dash was deck color gel not the black., wood grain dashboard, stainless steel grabs rails . might be a few other things but thats what I remember stood out
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 10:55am
Look at the 81 brochure and find the Classic XX page you can see the difference between it and a standard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 1:03pm
Thanks to the many replies.
So, lacking any of the special "Deluxe" features, I have an ordinary, run-of-the-mill '81.
As for my plans for it, that's a good thing.
Again, thanks for the intel.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic