Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random find in orlando

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Joby1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joby1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random find in orlando
    Posted: April-13-2018 at 6:24pm
Was doing some errands today and ran across this. Going to try to get more details and pics .Says it has 1450 on the hour meter. Havent once set foot in a Snob, but think I might sunday.They are asking 5800 for it. I could probably get it for less.Its at a car Lot.Might have been a trade. I also have an 07 chevy malibu with 70k miles on it that they might want. One owner car. Opinions appreciated Its a 1989
my 1980 SN is mad at my 2009 HD
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 8:03pm
It's not a SNOB - It's a Sport Nautique. Lot's of hours and at a car dealer: worries me...... but I am a chicken.
Joby1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joby1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 8:19pm
So that means they arent the same.I wasnt sure. Guess I'm going to have to do some research unless somebody throws out the differences .
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 8:54pm
There are quite a few..... peek in the reference section for an overview. (Reading that stuff is the fun anyway). They don't ride or ski the same. Length and bottoms are different. $5,800 is a reasonable starting point to add and subtract from if it isn't a mess.I bet its a mess.............
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 10:20pm
Check the stringers!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 12:00am
You didn’t say what year. Graphics indicate it’s between ‘89 & ‘91 model. $5800 would be an outstanding deal for a good running one with solid stringers. Look it over carefully and make sure you know what you are getting into. It appears there is something on the carpet by the engine and it looks like they replaced the hinges on the engine box and screwed through the vinyl. There should be snap in carpet for the open bow and a snap on vinyl cover for the open bow to be complete. I think it’s a good family boat, but I could be biased.
'92 Sport Nautique
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 12:04am
Just noticed the last sentence stating it’s a 1989. Doesn’t change any of my comments though.
'92 Sport Nautique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 12:57am
That's not a spill on the carpet, that's missing/torn carpet.... High hour, Orlando boat, at a car dealer, incorrect poor-fitting galvanized trailer (saltwater use?) looks rough on the outside and is likely rougher on the inside........... This is a good one to learn about problems on while shopping. I bet you a quarter you will shake your head about something on this boat - wire-nutted wires, use of silicone, motor mount discoloration from salt... PLEASE add to this thread with pics!
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 12:32pm
IMO - any indication of salt water use, RUN. Observe so you know what to look for with another one, but still walk away. Also, what Chris says - Check the stringers/ floor. This is a model that was before the composite stringers. If the boat was impeccably taken care of it could still have problems in that area and from the pictures it appears impeccable it wasn't.   
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Joby1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joby1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 5:24pm
I was thinking about it last night and thats not the boat for me. Good family boat for riding the river or the Conway chain. Im just going to concentrate on my ole 1980 and let someone else deal with problems thatll be discovered way late after purchase. Thanks Guys. Thumbs up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic