Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop clearance from trailer guard

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Webster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop clearance from trailer guard
    Posted: April-11-2018 at 6:00pm
I'm sure this topic has been addressed, but couldn't find any threads. I purchased a '83 2001 with trailer.    After I refurbished the SN, there was a vibration at about 30 mph. Looked like the prop had been hit, so bought a new prop. Based on the board experience, i purchased the ACME 540 3 Blade 13" x 12" Propeller.
I just finished installing the prop and it hits the trailer guard (too long by about 1/4 inch. The trailer already has about 2" spacers on each side so the old prop wouldn't hit, but it still scrapes the ground leaving my drive and returning.
Anyone have a fix? I saw one guy had removed the center guard and replaced support with two steel bars, one on either side, straddling the prop and the rudder.

Thanks for any help.

David
Ski Nautiques deserve a second chance......
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2018 at 6:56pm
Sounds like raising the bunks some would help
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Webster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2018 at 8:35pm
Thanks Duane. Just before I bought the new prop, I had just replaced the bunkers and carpet. I Considered adding a 4x4 on top of the 2x4, but just concerned about the height and strength/stability.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2018 at 9:23pm
David,
There is a recent thread on the prop guard clearance but even with google, I can't find it. Well, if I remember correctly, the general consensus was to add spacers and longer bolts between the aft mounting point of the guard to the frame of the trailer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2018 at 9:34pm
If you can, upload a pic so we could see your setup. I added 2” spacers after having the same issue. You mention spacers were already added, what’s the height?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2018 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

David,
There is a recent thread on the prop guard clearance but even with google, I can't find it. Well, if I remember correctly, the general consensus was to add spacers and longer bolts between the aft mounting point of the guard to the frame of the trailer.

I dunno Pete, you turn 66 and........... well nevermind   

I think this is what you may have been thinking of

link to recent post

Webster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2018 at 9:18am

Best pic I could get spur of the moment..... You can see I've pretty much maxed out the spacing between trailer guides and the guard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic