NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Nautique Redesign - 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Nautique Redesign - 2019
    Posted: April-09-2018 at 10:49am
In case you did not hear, Correct Craft introduced a newly designed Ski Nautique today.
Engineering wise - looks phenomenal, Price wise - ouch - six figures for a ski boat
Looks wise - funky Malibuesque w/Master craft stern, 3D looking hull is strange, hate the windshield. Wake wise - looks fantastic

https://www.nautique.com/models/ski-nautique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 11:02am
I have noticed this on some G boats and I understand it's your choice but I am not a fan of the bottom paint look. Other than that,a 100k + for a deprecating asset that can be used part of the year .......
I also see where the guy who designed the Pontiac Aztek ended up,glad to see he found work
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 11:16am
Looks like the color scheme was picked out by a 4 yo.

I hope they sell well.

Lots of money out there looking for a toy.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 11:18am
I’m sure it skis great.

Design wise, there are a few nice touches and a few overdue fixes relative to the 200.

Looks/size/weight wise, there’s not much to like. It looks overdesigned. The readers of this website are clearly not the target market though. Hopefully they’ll take the CP in the opposite direction (light/small/simple) now that it is under cc ownership.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 11:26am
I was really bummed out that the Wake Tractor was so ugly that it was in a class by itself.

I see CC hired the WT design team and it's now a class of 2

Edit maybe Gary's Aztec guy helped out too.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 11:41am
Typical CC. Late to the ugly party but they get there eventually.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 11:47am
At what point do us CCFans take the step of fixing up those "old school" Ski Nautique 200's from back in the early 20-teens now???

So ugly I can't believe it. I'm sure it is an amazing boat in terms of wake and function and features, but I just don't think the market was looking for that kind of design. Who knows. Then again like many things it will probably grow on me over time.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I also see where the guy who designed the Pontiac Aztek ended up,glad to see he found work

Gary, thanks for my morning laugh! You hit that perfectly, all angles and no rhyme or reason to them.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 11:53am
I noticed they added 3" to the beam, 98" vs. 95" on the 200 (looked at 2015 specs). Beamy slalom boat, and in general a wide 20 footer!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 11:59am
seadeck overload for me,
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 12:05pm
I just think it is pretty awesome they are continuing to put time money and advertising into a 3 event boat. Does it look as good as a 196 to me, nope but there are plenty of 196s out there to buy.   The windshield is ugly but I like the integration with the bimini and I like the side access.   I have to assume there is some color combination that is available that isn’t quite so fugly as the white front, black back nonsense..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 12:10pm
They added a screen bottom to it as well, coated with Flex-seal.   
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 12:22pm
Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm old school. But I do understand progress and improved performance and functionality. But can not performance and functionality be put in a decent looking package as well.

Pick one.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I just think it is pretty awesome they are continuing to put time money and advertising into a 3 event boat. .

Totally have to agree with that
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 12:30pm
Ugly windshield and what Alan said on the sea deck
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 12:31pm
Im guessing the photo is of the disguise paint scheme. Hard to tell what it actually looks like. Possibly it doesn't look that bad.   
They are going after younger market that doesn't care about traditional lines in a boat.   
Sort of like going From an older hatteras to a carver or any of the other Clorox bottle designs. ( for some of you, look at a Clorox bottle on its side with handle up and then look at many of the larger boat designs.   its pretty funny.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Pick one.

]

I can tell you which one I would rather ski behind, or definitely to teach waterskiing classes with.   If I am not skiing behind it or pulling people behind it then for sure pull out a classic. I agree the sea deck is fugly as heck but seriously looking at that interior made me think how awesome a summer camp waterskiing boat it would be for climbing in and out and around on full of kids and gear even the ugly walk through and deck pathway.   Unfortunately I don't know how any summer camps can afford one but man what a tool for the job.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 12:48pm
[QUOTE=shierhThey are going after younger market that doesn't care about traditional lines in a boat]

Yea, kinda matches Tide Pods
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 12:56pm
Well hopefully that is the mac daddy upgraded paint scheme and you can get a normal one that doesn't look like this with far less seadeck. Put it on floor and platform only

I was wanting to put seadeck on my gunnels behind the grab rail to the rear of the cockpit as a boarding step in place of the original small one but now I am not sure it will look good.
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by shierh shierh wrote:

They are going after younger market that doesn't care about traditional lines in a boat.   

Or maybe the 'younger market's' dead rich uncle's estate.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm old school. But I do understand progress and improved performance and functionality. But can not performance and functionality be put in a decent looking package as well.

Larry's preferred cell phone:

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 1:40pm
My "bag phone" is outside in my Ford Fairmont. Tho I am thinking of finally upgrading. Any body have one of these that can give me a review.

rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 1:56pm
Shape of the stern reminds me of a Tige. The big 3 bows now all resemble each other to me.

I am glad to see innovation and commitment to a slalom tug.

I watched the longer video on their website. The ski turning around the buoy to the ski crossing the wake ratio was like a 25:1. What gives, show us wake crossings.

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 3:27pm
With the amount of 2012 thru this model year Nautiques for sale on the used market,I don't get it from a marketing view point-the mid-west and northeast boating season being 3 months if Mother Nature cooperates; how do you justify that cost for a boat????
I'll keep my old original Correct Craft's,they do what I want and are paid for-just my $.02.
For those that can afford $100K +, go for it.
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 3:51pm
Jim, it's pretty clear now a decade plus into the wake boat era that there's enough buyers out there to scoop up the over $100,000 boats offered by the top manufacturers. My neighbor at the lake had a 2000 Super Air in good condition, sold it last year and bought a GS-22, had to be $115,000 or so. And he might stretch the season to 4 1/2 months, but your point is still taken, that's a big toy for the limited use it gets. But, go on any lake in our area and you'll see a bunch of high priced hardware on any given weekend day.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 3:53pm
Amazed at the thought, design, engineering and results of this boat. This is why we all love Correct Crafts, right? Best design, best running, best skiing machines. I can't wait to see one in person and see some other color ideas. The walk through video just keeps giving. All the things I deal with when skiing were touched on - even pulling the plug under that hot engine at the end of the day. Fascinating that they finally moved the fuel tank to a spot where a full tank of gas does not impact the performance so much. Wow. Mind blown.

Not that I can afford one. Back to keeping my '93 beautiful and running strong!
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 4:02pm
Notice how high and flat it rides.   like to see what it looks like around running gear.   

Some boats, my experience with larger craft, are hard to control when they ride too flat.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

I watched the longer video on their website. The ski turning around the buoy to the ski crossing the wake ratio was like a 25:1. What gives, show us wake crossings.

Here's barely any wake TO cross. It looks like they got that part right.
This was a separate video about the micro-tuner doo-dads that fill in the trough some how:
https://youtu.be/vSjLKZ0UV8E
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 4:37pm
Thanks for that youtube video. Wow!   
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 6:04pm
In my opinion the wake looks non existent, Maybe the answer for me shortening the rope, it will have to be at a tournament as I'm not in the market for a new boat. I'm looking forward to skiing one in a couple of weeks though.
The key with the electronics is dump it before the 5 year warranty expires. Also the Sea Deck doesn't hold up as well as gelcoat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic