Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LED BULBS for Gages

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Otto Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED BULBS for Gages
    Posted: April-08-2018 at 9:53pm
I want to change to red led bulbs in my 1999 196. I had a spare bulb holder with a bad bulb in it....I tried to pull it out but it looks like it is soldered in place. The bulb is a GE 161 J8. Has any one done this and can you offer any help please...(technique, replacement bulb type and supplier...)

Thanks!
Otto
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2018 at 11:32pm
Amazon. Though there are 3 or 4 common sizes used in gauges there are 2 that are used the most - T10 and T5.   T10 are the larger, most common ones for the era and are usually mounted in twist sockets which are also available to replace broken ones.   I switched all of mine last fall to blue LED's from Amazon, worked well.   Just search red LED T10 bulbs or go   here
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Otto Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2018 at 12:13am
Thank you!!!
Otto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic