NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transom Step (?) Part

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bdillard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transom Step (?) Part
    Posted: February-21-2018 at 5:31pm
Hey folks, I've got a 1990 Sport Nautique and I'm trying to find a replacement part for the step just up from the swim platform on the transom. I can't find a part for it anywhere. When I bought the boat, it's missing all of the rubber inserts, so it's NOT a step on my boat as it wouldnt feel terrible to step on bare foot. We throw a life jacket over it when we're swimming so no one hurts their feet.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement part for this or the rubber inserts that fit?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2018 at 8:42pm
NLA I'm guessing. So a parts boat, maybe eBay. If you are lucky it is the same as a Ski Nautique part. I would just make something myself instead. You're not trying to win any all original classic boat shows are you?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2018 at 9:08pm
I wonder if they are the same vents used on the v drives? Call nautique parts and check if they can still get them. I think they are powder coated aluminum with a couple of standoff spacers welded on the bottom

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2018 at 10:33pm
Gary, I was confused by the red rectangles. You’re referring to the two black vents on either side of the engine, right? It would be nice if they were the exact same part, but I sort of doubt that kind of luck. Worst cast it wouldn’t be hard to fabricate it from aluminum sheet metal.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2018 at 12:18am
Sorry only picture I had,disregard red rectangles-----
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2018 at 8:23am
We were able to get a similar one made from SeaDek material for our '92 SN. Someone from this site helped us out (I forgot his name), but it was a replacement for the exhaust vent cover (step) and the piece where the platform meets the fiberglass on the transom.

I think it was $100 for both.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
bdillard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2018 at 1:55pm
Thanks everyone - I'll have to keep an eye on eBay or for a parts only boat on craigslist or something. that or go the route suggested of using SeaDek. I dont know if it's visible or not from my photo by i replcated the swim platform material with SeaDek (ordered to fit from Nautique Parts) and it's great stuff. really upgraded the swim platform.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2018 at 2:20pm
Are you missing the aluminum step entirely? Or just the traction pad that goes on it?
bdillard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2018 at 10:49am
Just the traction pad. It’s also a little bent but that’s just a small pet peeve of mine haha.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic