Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'78 Martinique "Correct Craft" Decal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '78 Martinique "Correct Craft" Decal
    Posted: February-19-2018 at 5:31pm
Hi guys,

New to the site as a member. Looking for a set of "Correct Craft" decals for my '78 Martinique. Wondering if anyone makes/sells them or if I will have to draw them up in CAD and get someone to custom make them.

Below is a photo from another members diary that has the same decal (in pristine shape).

Thanks!

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2018 at 5:47pm
You talking about these?

They are the only decals. The "correct craft" on the sides are plastic emblems and the "Martinique" and stripes are paint.

Emblems

Not sure if Stan is still providing these. Others will know.
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 12:53pm
Thanks a lot. Mine must've been removed at some point and the residue left the appearance that it was a sticker. Should be enough info between the other threads for me to get replacements.
va-river-tique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote va-river-tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 3:53pm
I ordered a pair from Stan a couple months ago for my 77, very nice.
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 8:38pm
Update on this. I bought the plastic emblems from nautiqueparts.com and used the method described in linked thread above to convert them from chrome lettering on black backing to black lettering on white.    I even went as far to make the local tru value special order me 1 can on krylon fusion Dover white paint. I painted them with 4 coats of the white paint then used a sanding block to sand the white and chrome paint off the lettering and they looked good except the plastic looked dull even after wet sanding with 600-1200. So I gave it the once over with some Rustoleum Laquer and it looked beautiful for about 120 seconds before the white paint started bubbling. Bottom line, the method works great and when I do it again I will probably just rub some mineral oil over the raw plastic to get the luster I was looking for.   Can add pictures when I’m at pc if anyone is interested.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 8:56pm
Cole,
Alkyd over a lacquer but never a lacquer over an alkyd!!!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 11:41pm
Sounds like a lot of work. Sadly, the chrome/Black emblems used 79-81 don’t share the same mounting holes as the white/black ones used earlier. The StanC emblems are the real deal.
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2018 at 8:42pm
I have tried contacting Stan via phone and email. Does anyone have updated contact info or an idea if he is still in the business of making the emblems?
1976 Martinique
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2018 at 1:04pm
I got the emblems from Stan, $70 with shipping. His email address in other posts is still good and I have his new phone number if anyone needs it. They look awesome. Sorry about putting the incorrect year of my boat as the title of this post. It was sold to me as a 78 and I hadn’t physically received the boat yet
1976 Martinique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic