Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2018 River Ruckus

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
Author
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 12:19pm
1 week out! Are we still planning to cook on Saturday? I'm all for ribs and dessert but just checking in to plan my shopping!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 1:34pm

Morfoot                          Thurs-Sun            Desert
mmfarmer1                   Thurs-Sun?          Ribs
rosconole                      Fri-Sun                 Corn-on-Da Cob
Smithfamily                   Fri-Sun                 ????
Shierh                             ????                      ????
jackiewdeen                 Thurs-Sun                      ????
IAughtNaught               ????                      ????
Fl Inboards                     ???                         ????
ArtC                                  ???                        ????
woody                             ???                        ????

I say do the ribs, I'll do dessert and Ross will provide the Corn-on the Cob. We'll have a feast for about 12. I guess if the other participants wanna eat they'll speak up and add their name to the list.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Smithfamily                   Fri-Sun                 HAM

I say do the ribs, I'll do dessert and Ross will provide the Corn-on the Cob. We'll have a feast for about 12. I guess if the other participants wanna eat they'll speak up and add their name to the list.

I was planning my warehouse shopping,
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2018 at 10:09am
We may head up Thursday. I have three college girls (Colorado State) coming for a day or two, and may need to impose a ride for a couple, as that will put me above capacity.
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2018 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Smithfamily                   THURi-Sun                 HAM

I was planning my warehouse shopping,
COMING IN THURSDAY BE ADVISED
Js
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2018 at 2:52am
Sorry guys, have been out of touch. Adam and Vandygayle, rolling down from Mooresville Thursday. Leave early, hope to pull in to Parramore's between 5 and 6pm. Just made a big pot of chili for the cookout Saturday. Plan to take ma and pa to the airport Sunday afternoon, will either point it north then or ask the fine folks in the office to extend us until Monday, but there will be recreating on Sunday morning/early afternoon for the Deen crowd.

Looking forward to a large time. Since the last time my boat ran it has new steering, throttle, and shift cables, new fuel tank module, a new dash panel, and maybe a functioning depth gauge. Need to put some hours on it so if you are looking for a ride, my capacity plate says 9 and I only have 4 confirmed, (with 2 possible special guests on Saturday).
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2018 at 1:11pm

Smithfamily                   Fri-Sun                 HAM
jackiewdeen                 Thurs-Sun           ????
critter                             Thurs-Sun           Green Beans & Salad
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2018 at 1:12pm
Well, I guess IAughtNaut about summed up the Deen's plans. The only thing I can add is that Good Ol' Jerry Smith is going to help Ma and Pa Deen with travel from MCO to Parramore's. Sounds like a challenge to bnarefoot between bombing blasts. I am game.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2018 at 10:08am
Holy Cow .....another Critter sighting and he's even coming back to The Ruckus....Glad you're making the trip Roger. Be good to catch up with you.

Smithfamily                  Thurs-Sun            Ham
jackiewdeen                 Thurs-Sun           ????
IAughtNaught               Thurs-Sun           Chili
Fl Inboards                     Fri-Sun                   ????
critter                             Thurs-Sun           Green Beans & Salad
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2018 at 7:07pm
For those coming to the Ruckus from afar, it was a beautiful 85 degrees, sunny, with not a cloud in the sky down here in South Florida. 1 last run to get things in order for next week. The Farmer's will be arriving on Thursday around noon and checking out on Sunday!
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2018 at 11:02am
Im going to shoot for Friday and Saturday events.
What time are we meeting at the ramp on Friday?   I live close to Tavares but plan to run with the group so need to trailer there.   
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2018 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by shierh shierh wrote:

Im going to shoot for Friday and Saturday events.
What time are we meeting at the ramp on Friday?   I live close to Tavares but plan to run with the group so need to trailer there.   

Steve, I'd like to plan on leaving the Boat launch at 10:30 am and heading that way. Earlier if at all possible but that would depend on how many boats are going and how many need to stop on the way to the launch to top off the tank.

Don't forget to bring your anchor, boat bumpers and Red Solo cups. You will NEED all three. If you don't have an anchor then go buy one. Barney has been scene on the St. Johns river several times and has even snuck up from behind on unsuspecting CCFans in Lime Green Mustangs so be aware. No alcohol "allowed" in the Glenn for any new Ruckus attendees that don't know.

I will be contacting the show organizer today to let them know head count and # of boats coming.. $5 a person so please have the exact amount needed for the folks in your boat. I'll try and find out the lock times so that we aren't stuck on the wrong side when it closes for the night.

Weather is gonna be perfect at the time of this posting. 70's-80's and plenty of Florida Sun."Miss Scarlett" is waxed, ready for the River Ruckus and my daughter will be joining us for her first time. Looking forward to it everyone.

UPDATE:::: Lock hours are from 7am to 7pm with the Lock operator going to lunch at Noon so we gotta be there before he goes to lunch.
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2018 at 1:46pm
Have anchor but no chain.   If we have to do real anchoring then Ill have to get 6 feet of chain to help hold shank down.   
Ugh have not needed to anchor for real with a small boat.   Hatteras   had 50 feet of heavy chain on 300 feet of 3/4 line.
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2018 at 1:52pm
Adding to the notes.

You will need 2 anchors a back and a front for The Glen. depending on rain and flow from the spring. You will spin like a top with 1 anchor. If you have some chain on it helps keeping it set as well.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2018 at 6:34pm
For anyone interested, I am making reservations for the Old Spanish River Mill on Sunday for breakfast. This is a famous "must do" from the food channel, man vs. food, and other food network shows where you make your own pancakes with griddles at your table which is in a State Park. We have tried going the past 2 years and have been hit with 4 hour waits each time. They will take reservation for 10 or more. I have 7 and looking for anyone else interested in joining us?? It's about a 15-20 minutes ride from Parramores.
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 1:24am
I thought I was crazy.....In case you see a random guy swimming up river...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/kayla-obrien/os-teacher-swimming-from-sanford-to-jacksonville-20180308-story.html

http://www.wesh.com/article/lake-mary-teacher-begins-164-mile-swim-to-jacksonville/19469558
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 9:26am
HA!! I thought the same when I saw it on the local news! He has past Lake George, so likely will miss attending the CCF River ruckus! Good for him! Looks to be a great teacher.
Js
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 6:55pm
Chiming for an update:

Just got off the phone with Terry and there are some temporary Docks in place for the show. They are expecting us and I told him that we had roughly 10 boats and 30 folks coming per what feedback that I got from here on the thread and those whom I called. We will need to check in at the gate as a group to get the armbands for the show and settle up with the Show Folks.

For those who don't know, the $5 admission is worth the money to see some cool old boats, Stroll through many tents selling boat hardware,instruments, old wooden skis, etc use the facilities if needed, hitting up the Bud Beer Wagon and partaking in several food venders there if you didn't pack a lunch.

The time for is here and look forward to seeing you all there.

Bring On The Ruckus!!!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 8:34pm
The swimming Teacher is up near Palatka! I would have liked to buy him a beer, but that may have disrupted his mission, to meet the CCF group may have tainted him.
I wonder if it would have fit into his self imposed rules to wakeboard part of that trek?
Js
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2018 at 2:46pm
Im still on for tomorrow. Bringing my Dad and younger brother.   
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2018 at 3:01pm
My tubes and fishing rods are packed! Rolling soon!
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2018 at 4:16pm
The Farmer's have arrived and have reserved 2 boat slips. They have about 10 spots remaining at $10 a day.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2018 at 12:18am
Cathie and I have arrived and are on Site 75.
Going to Gainesville tomorrow to meet family for lunch.
Back in plenty of time for Supper with good friends.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2018 at 7:14pm
No pictures yet??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2018 at 7:59pm
Tim has some great ones, Stand By. I am tech challenged as you know. Will work on.

The weather was a tad cool and PERFECT! Friday's trip to boat show, through the lock, creeks, rivers lakes (25 miles each way) was AMAZING. Saturday had us to the Glen, crowded, wild and AWESOME. (Pictures coming!!) Had to slow roll over 3-6 Manatees! I would guess about 12 boats?
Smithfamily cut out to do some wakeboarding down by Shell island, a tad cool the water was (Floridians) but excellent. Had one NEWBIE with us get up on the wakeboard for the very first time and that experience never gets old and "priceless"! My wife (Croc Doc) even took a run in her shorts and bra!! We all had to turn away as she covered up in the ski vest!! Saturday evening cookout/get together was a culinary delight!! Chili, salad, ribs, smoked ham, gourmet hot dogs, Corn on the cob, Roasted potatoes, String beans, INCREDIBLE!! AND, Carrot cake, Black forest chocolate cake, whooo hee!!!!
Sunday, being the Hard core skiers the Smithfamily is, back to the ski spot. New kid worked on some skills and an excellent time was had, Back to Parramores and cleaned out, but for the Deens. Heading out to make some runs. Said our good byes and hit the road.
PS I was to be in Barbados for work this past week, and Deb comes along, and I told the kids we would not be going. (Been attending since 2010) They freaked! Said "Dad, We love that trip, We have to go"!! Last minute reservation got a "two bedroom-One bath Cabin". That will work, we have four, turns to five, then to, "College girls coming" EIGHT. BAM. 15 x 20 must see video, They loved it!!
What a great group.
If you have not been, TRY!
If you have and missed, come on back!
Js
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2018 at 8:23pm
Tim has had some pictures on Face Book,but since the Wisconsin guy wont even leave the state I doubt he's on FB either
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

since the Wisconsin guy wont even leave the state I doubt he's on FB either

See if this works.
Gary,
You are half way correct in that I am registered but never use FB!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2018 at 9:33pm
Pete, your facebook page has no "cover photo" Here you go.

mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2018 at 9:41pm
Gary, we found your bean bag chair and gave it to Lester to return to you!😀
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2018 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Pete, your facebook page has no "cover photo" Here you go.

Larry,
Thanks!! Way back probably over 10 years ago when I signed on to FB, I guess I figured my profile picture was adequate.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
  Share Topic