Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman -- Lake Wylie

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Norman -- Lake Wylie
    Posted: October-24-2017 at 11:50pm
Looking at a possible relocation to the Charlotte area and was wondering if anyone was familiar with the vertical clearance under the Railroad bridge just south of NC150 near Slant Bridge road at normal pool. Was looking at property just north of there an the realtor said vertical clearance may be an issue.
Also was considering the Lake Wylie area but do not know much about it, Anyone with info on the lake would be appreciated.

We looked at Badin (thanks for the info Greg) but it would be a little to far from the Airport.

Thanks
Tom
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2017 at 8:59pm
Tom,

I live in Denver, NC and I take my 2002 Sport Nautique under that bridge about four times each summer. My sport has a FCT2 tower and it fits under the Railway Bridge when water is high. I do go through very slow just to check because is seems closer than it is. Also, it is in a no wake zone. I would not be overly concerned about that Railway Bridge but the bridges under HWY 150 are a different story. One is at Lake Norman Marina and I have not been under that one too often. The other one just below Lake Norman Marina is so tight, I just do not head that way when the water is very high. I could lower my tower but I do not do it. I do not want to damage my two year old fresh powder coat job at the hinges. I have a good friend on the other side of that bridge and it is a nice area to boat titled Mountain Creek. My buddy has a center console Tee Top fishing boat that he had to sell due to it not fitting under that 150 bridge.

If you are in the area and want a ride to check it out, just send me a personal e-mail. Normally, I winterize around Halloween, but It may take me until early November to do it this year. It is not about the cold, but more about the wife making me work on my yard that I get to neglect all summer.

I hope this helps,

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2017 at 10:11pm
Donald,
Thank you for the help! The realtor said it would not fit, but somehow I felt like he was giving me a line.

This forum never ceases to amaze me with all of the people willing to help
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2017 at 9:28am
Tom
I can tell you what I know about lake wylie - I skied with the ski team on that lake for years and have many hours on the water and friends on the lake as well
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic