Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop questions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop questions
    Posted: August-16-2017 at 1:51pm
I have a 1975 Ski Nautique with an OJ Legend 13x13 cup prop. The prop is pretty banged up. I could get it repaired easily but the scam artist that fixes props here wants $300 to bang a couple of dings flat. I was considering buying a new prop so he "generously" offered to sell me one for $800. I know I can get this prop for $360 new. I guess the question I'm getting around to asking is what is a an all around good prop for these boats? I'm going to be waterskiing and wake boarding behind it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 2:04pm
Acme 540, ~$345 from our site sponsor Delta
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2017 at 1:40am
Don't ever go back to that shop
Mountain_Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2017 at 12:53pm
Until I damaged mine, I was running the Acme 542 for wakeboarding, and surfing. Seemed to be working really well, and in US Dollars seemed really reasonably priced. And yes agreed, do not ever go back to that prop shop!!
1980 Ski Nautique
mfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2017 at 7:05pm
Checked at a couple of other shops in town. Apparently that is the going rate in Canada for props and what not. I am sick and tired of getting hosed. Also just found out they want $900 for a prop shaft.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 11:00am
Lol, source it all state side and pay the duties/importing. FedEx shipping rates are reasonable.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic