NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forget the Air Chair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forget the Air Chair
    Posted: August-11-2017 at 12:41pm
Some one needs to bring these back:

AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 4:37pm
I've been waiting for one of these to come up on craigslist or ski-it -again forever... ;)
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 7:18pm
Wonder if those were found to be dangerous or unstable?? IIRC the original versions of the delta wing kites used in early ski shows went that way??

That being said, they look like a blast, would love one!!
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 7:31pm
I don't want to toss a damp towel on this thing but I took an aircraft accident investigation training course during A&P school and remember several incidents when pilots of small helicopters bounced out of their unbelted seat....It was not pretty for the pilot who wound up looking like a 3D model of a Cat Scan.

Imagine a little bump off the water and flying up through those blades. That's a lot worse than a face plant. Damn I spoiled the fun.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 10:57pm
yeah, the chance of decapitation has crossed my mind...
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 11:25am
That is awesome. Truly. I love the "newsie" voice of the announcer too. This made my day.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 11:37am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

That is awesome. Truly. I love the "newsie" voice of the announcer too. This made my day.

Yeah that totally makes the thing come to life. No matter what--who wouldn't want to ride on one of those things! Seat belt for sure though! Don't want to be sliced into segments!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Wonder if those were found to be dangerous or unstable?? IIRC the original versions of the delta wing kites used in early ski shows went that way??

That being said, they look like a blast, would love one!!

There was a neighbor of ours who used to have a kite with about 1500 feet of line and he would have someone drive his boat while reeling him out and up until he hit the release. He would coast around for a few minutes to maybe 10 minutes and he'd land at the local sand beach. The reel was an automotive car wheel and it was attached to a DC motor that would act as the cable drum. Talk about nuts.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 6:26pm
The guy who got me into barefooting had a kite... this was on the rivers and he would fly under the bridges etc...
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 7:42pm
Even better, attach the frame and rotors to an air chair. That's a man's sport there.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 10:47pm
Imagine doing it while someone is trying to kill you---
FA 330

There is also a video on u tube if you google FA 330
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 11:13pm
I'll volunteer to fly it if someone finds one!
1999 Ski Nautique 196
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Imagine doing it while someone is trying to kill you---

Yea imagine that !!! To bad for them

mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 12:24am
What kind of a genius would fly one of those and then tell the submarine that something is coming to kill them. Answer: a good swimmer. He would need to be after they cut him loose and dive. Sounds like a job for the new guy.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 12:56am
Originally posted by mark c mark c wrote:

What kind of a genius would fly one of those and then tell the submarine that something is coming to kill them. Answer: a good swimmer. He would need to be after they cut him loose and dive. Sounds like a job for the new guy.

That is funny in so many ways, Mark. I'm dyin!
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 1:12am
My Son currently fly's the Apache as shown in the photo above. It is an amazing machine.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 1:24am
Is that how they got all that HD wakeboarding videos back in the day? Its the original drone!
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic